What are your period weight gain numbers (women only obviously)

Replies

• Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Just a pound or two, but more often it looks like I am "maintaining" that week and then the next week, I am down 2 lbs which I keep off over the next few weeks. It depends if I'm in losing mode or maintaining mode.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I had a 4 lb gain this month, but I also started weight lifting again the day before. 5.5 lbs down since then. Aren't water weight fluctuations fun?
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Up 2 to 3 lbs from 2 days before my period until 3 or 4 days into it and then it goes back to where it was before (or less).
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    I'm on the contraceptive pill on a longterm cycle. Make a stopweek every three months or so. If I stop I probably gain about 500-700grams max. Not much.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    3lbs when in ovulate. At least.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    The day before I start: almost exactly 2lb gain. I like that it's consistent as that 2lb gain has saved so many pairs of my nice underwear.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    A minimum of 5lbs, sometimes up to 7 - 8 lbs
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I usually only go up a pound the day of and it goes away within a couple days of it ending. PITA... men don't realize how easy thy have it in this regard.

Yeah...but then, my husband has to deal with me during PMS, so I guess it evens out! :lol:

YES, MA'AM! YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! Yes, screaming at the top of my lungs! LOL!
  • miss_jun
    miss_jun Posts: 3 Member
    I gained 4 lbs over 2 day. I've just come off the pill, so I'm not sure that my cycle is regular yet. It's super frustrating and depressing.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    There’s a roughly 8 lb difference between my heaviest weight (just before my period starts) and my lightest (a few days after it ends). Yes, I’m bitter.
  • I just want to compare out of sheer curiousity. My weight is up 2.5lb this month due to my period and it always goes back down along with another 2-3lb loss for the week immediately after my period ends. When does the period weight come for you? Before or during? When does it fall off? During or after?

I’m ignoring my 2lb water bloat and pushing through my workouts extra hard, chugging water and prospering. :)

I don't gain weight during my period. Last cycle it didn't move down but I did eat more than my calorie goal. I have lost in the past though during period.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    I usually gain a little bit before, but that could also have to do with my increased appetite and cravings for junk food.

I am generally a calm and logical person but I find myself getting emotional about something stupid right before my period. PMS is so annoying, I hate catching myself acting irrationally. I hate that much more than the weight gain.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Idk...started today and I'm only up .8 from yesterday so...???
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    I gain between 1-3 pounds leading up to my period, then once it actually happens I’ll lose the weight. However I’ve gained as much as 10 pounds in the past from being on my period!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    When I was losing I typically didn't gain any weight in the days leading up to my period. I didn't lose either but would have a drop of about 1 kilogram a couple of days after my period started. In maintenance, I would gain around a kilogram in the days leading up to my period and lose it again within a day or two afterwards so the gain was much more noticeable. Thanks to perimenopause I haven't had a period for a while now, but keep wondering when it will rear its ugly head again.
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Mines anything between 5 and 10lbs if I've craved salt leading up to it. And that's ovulation and the actual week. It drops of about 2 days after I finish. I've actually just set my weighing day (weigh in monthly) to inbetween the two weeks so I get a rough honest estimate rather than constantly thinking 'water weight'.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    3 this month, and so hungry during! I white knuckled 3-4 days of sticking to my calories, not fun. Sometimes I'll also get hunger around ovulation, but no scale jump.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    This month it was 9 lbs. I dont know how that is possible. Normally it is 5 lbs.