That’s incredible!! Way to go!!
  • mfptorifa
    mfptorifa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    80 lbs. is impressive!! :):)
  • Chelsi1028
    Chelsi1028 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I'm a liker. I do comment on things here and there but 80 total loss would get one! My MFP friends are mostly likes too or don't interact in my posts at all. I think maybe 4 or 5 interact with me. I have 40+ friends....
  • michelle77090
    michelle77090 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What an awesome job, keep up the good work!
  • Isra_1
    Isra_1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think the trick is to add as many active people as possible! Feel free to add me guys :)
  • ColorMe_Beautiful24
    ColorMe_Beautiful24 Posts: 67 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have been a beast in the kitchen. And a result of that is I’ve been rapidly losing weight. In 6 weeks I have dropped 25 additional pounds. I have never been as dedicated as I am now. But here’s the issue; my fitness pal friends haven’t been very supportive or encouraging. I’m not doing this for like or words of encouragement but it sure would feel nice if I got a like or a good job. I finally hit my 80 pound weight loss and I got 1 like :(. If you’re in the same boat as me send me a friend request and we can support and encourage each other. By the way good luck on your journey’s. Cheers to the healthy life!!!

congratulations <3 that is amazing i am very proud of you! keep up the good work that takes a lot of determination and perseverance. You got this!!
  • Emmalovestorun
    Emmalovestorun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have some amazing friends on here, add me and then you can add them too 😉 anyone!!
    Great job, maybe they were jealous that they weren't as successful as you, be proud of yourself because it's an awesome achievement 💕
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    The weirdest (and best) motivation/support buddies I've ever had (and still have) I found at a gym. A few years ago I stalled at about 250lbs (lost 100 and then stalled), so I hired a trainer. My goal: to be in the best shape of my life. So, we switched gyms to give me access to a much better range of equipment, I was always affraid of the body building gyms (looking back, that was stupid). He helped me change my mindset from "needing to lose weight", to simply "cutting after bulking" (I pretty much bulked for a good 20 years). The first time it was mentioned that I was "cutting", suddenly I became one of them. It was so weird, but really nice. Especially hearing the frustrations and insecurities of people that I naively thought didn't have them. I would get constant encouragement every time a new muscle was beginning to show, or I lost 2lbs, or drop 1% bodyfat. It made me realize that ANY progress is progress, and to see myself as a work in progress and not necessarily focus on end goals.

Some of the best encouragement comes from those that you least expect it.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    What do you want in a friend? Likes from strangers would be meaningless to me. I sought out friends on here that were active, had similar goals, and with whom I shared some things in common. We interact, and know each others' challenges & weaknesses, as well as successes. Decide what "friends" & "support" means to you and take the steps to make that happen (i.e., probably not a random "add me" thread ;) ).

This !
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that your extreme loss in such short a time might be the reason. 25lbs in 6 weeks is about 4lbs/week, so unless you're something like 400+ that's a highly unhealthy weight loss. Some might be reluctant to say anything based on that.

^This.
  • stevephi01
    stevephi01 Posts: 240 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    That loss is intimidating, well done for getting it down though -really.

I came on to MFP for myself, didn't do the fora. Did venture in and got more woo''s than likes and hugs - somehow I'm still here.
    Accept those who may travel a few miles with you and discount those who discredit your efforts even if they are not according to mainstream beliefs.
    I have found quiet corners on here and have been able to grow within a support group, the friend stream -nah, hasn't worked out. My advice is find a thread with which you are comfortable, a challenge group possibly - fixed time and accountability.
    That isn't a sure fire answer either, folk have all the best intents and fall by the wayside, some stick it out and you can see who they are and extend a friendship request.

Al the best.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that your extreme loss in such short a time might be the reason. 25lbs in 6 weeks is about 4lbs/week, so unless you're something like 400+ that's a highly unhealthy weight loss. Some might be reluctant to say anything based on that.

My thoughts exactly.