Exercise Calories

Options
Does anyone find that mfp overstates calories earned back through exercising? For example I have 118 calories back for 'exercise' this morning and all I've done is get out of bed and make breakfast.

If its makes a difference i am 5'8F 148lbs trying to get to 135lbs.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Did you log getting out of bed and making breakfast as exercise, or do you have an activity tracker synced to MFP?

An activity tracker should be comparing your stated activity level against your actual activity. Over a 24 hour period many find their FitBits are fairly accurate.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1

When logging specific exercise, there are some estimates that are pretty good, and others that are awful? Many people logging specific exercise eat back around 50% of exercise calories for a time until they figure out what's accurate and what's not.
  • niknak8800
    niknak8800 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am tracking through a fitbit.Just want to make sure I am not eating back too many calories. I have lost 3lbs in 2 weeks, but was hoping for 4lbs since I am on 2lbs a week plan - pretty close tho :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    niknak8800 wrote: »
    Thank you! I am tracking through a fitbit.Just want to make sure I am not eating back too many calories. I have lost 3lbs in 2 weeks, but was hoping for 4lbs since I am on 2lbs a week plan - pretty close tho :)

With only 13 pounds to lose, 2 pounds a week is a very aggressive (risky) weight loss goal. We all want to lose as fast as possible - by yesterday ;) - but with so little to lose, 0.5 pounds a week would be a better bet health-wise.

I accidentally lost too fast at first, and got weak and fatigued. Though I corrected as soon as I realized, it took weeks to recover. Please stay strong and healthy while achieving your weight loss goals! :)
  • niknak8800
    niknak8800 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Didn't think of it that way.