HELP!!

Options
Can someone Look at my food diary and tell me how it looks as far as a KETO diet. or a generally good diet.

I have been thinking of doing keto for a while and that is what i packed for lunch today. I have always craved carbs and any form of pototoe was my favorite food group. so im trying to find alternatives to that and cabbage i have found works.

any suggestions on tweaking my diet and making it more keto would be appreciated.

F. 5.9. SW 350 CW 240 GW 165

Ps. feel free to add me. Im in desperate need for active friends on here.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I’m not doing keto, but is the sausage and cabbage your recipe? Or did you find it in the database? The grapes have lots of carbs, you took a big hit with that choice.
  • kelleyhelm1
    kelleyhelm1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i made the sausage and cabbage.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    i made the sausage and cabbage.

It must have been a small portion. 267 calories is not very much.
  • kelleyhelm1
    Options
    its only about a half cup to a cup. im not sure on the calorie count. or carb count.
    all it has is
    garlic
    onion
    cabbage
    bacon
    keilbasa

no added fat or butter.
    salt and pepper to taste.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Did you use the recipe builder on MFP? How much bacon and kielbasa? Did you pour off the fat?
  • kelleyhelm1
    Options
    i did not use a recipe builder, im unsure how to. i used a whole head of cabbage and a whole package of bacon and same with keilbasa. i only used about a third of the fat so that nothing stuck to the bottom of the pan. made about 6-8 servings.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend plugging any recipe you make in to the recipe builder. Kielbasa is very calorie dense, like 100 calories per ounce.
  • kelleyhelm1
    Options
    I would highly recommend plugging any recipe you make in to the recipe builder. Kielbasa is very calorie dense, like 100 calories per ounce.

i may need tutorial on how to use that. ha
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Can someone Look at my food diary and tell me how it looks as far as a KETO diet. or a generally good diet.

I have been thinking of doing keto for a while and that is what i packed for lunch today. I have always craved carbs and any form of pototoe was my favorite food group. so im trying to find alternatives to that and cabbage i have found works.

any suggestions on tweaking my diet and making it more keto would be appreciated.

F. 5.9. SW 350 CW 240 GW 165

Ps. feel free to add me. Im in desperate need for active friends on here.

I do Keto. Are you doing that or are you considering doing that? There are two groups that could help you....in the event that you are following Keto.

Those two groups are the low carbs group and the keto group. There are always recipe exchanges going on that might help you. I mean, you don't know what you don't know until someone who does know shows you, right?
  • kelleyhelm1
    Options
    I do Keto. Are you doing that or are you considering doing that? There are two groups that could help you....in the event that you are following Keto.

Those two groups are the low carbs group and the keto group. There are always recipe exchanges going on that might help you. I mean, you don't know what you don't know until someone who does know shows you, right?[/quote]

i am seriously considering KETO. i think it will just start the next step in my plan.
  • Lyrica7
    Lyrica7 Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Milk, Herbalife, grapes, some protein powders and carrots are not Keto especially when you are just starting. I would suggest Keto Connect, Low Carb Maven or Diet Doctor websites to learn more about the Keto woe. You can also just do low carb which Keto is of course with higher carbs. You need to set your diary up to show fiber as this can be deducted from your carb count. I Breathe Im Hungry and All Day I Dream About Food are two good websites with low carb recipes.
  • kelleyhelm1
    Options
    Lyrica7 wrote: »
    Milk, Herbalife, grapes, some protein powders and carrots are not Keto especially when you are just starting. I would suggest Keto Connect, Low Carb Maven or Diet Doctor websites to learn more about the Keto woe. You can also just do low carb which Keto is of course with higher carbs. You need to set your diary up to show fiber as this can be deducted from your carb count. I Breathe Im Hungry and All Day I Dream About Food are two good websites with low carb recipes.

thank you i will have to check them out.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Along with all the great advice you have already gotten, I would suggest you start weighing your food. It is totally eye-opening when you start weighing your foods instead of eye-balling or using measuring cups.

Here's a great read on why you should weigh your food:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I second weighing everything. it will be more accurate and could help with the carb counts.same with the bacon(and everything else_) cups for solids/semi solids are not accurate.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Deannacat wrote: »
    Just a little note on keto. Most of the keto information you see is for MEDICAL keto. VERY high fat and many of the sites are touting that. Diet Doctor DOES have amazing recipes, but cut some of the fat out and you'll do a LOT better. Eating a bunch of fat when you're trying to burn fat doean't work. We need to understand that medical keto is a protocol designed specifically for children with epilepsy. An adult wanting to lose weight and eating that much fat (remember: 9 calories per gram!) is going to have a tough time.

Go to ketogains.com and use their macro calculator (very intuitive) to figure out how many grams of carb/fat/protein you should be getting and then plug that info into MFP. This has been extremely helpful to me!

keto is now more of a high fat low carb diet(but some do higher protein,some do a lower fat). eating fat doesnt prevent you from burning fat. fat is lost is a calorie deficit and the fat you eat is used for a fuel source as opposed to glucose from carbs. keto for epilepsy is a little bit higher protein but its not much more than keto that most people are now doing. keto also helps those with type 2 diabetes,PCOS,insulin resistance and some other health issues. it was originally a diet for those with epilepsy.as for an adult eating that much fat having a tough time many here have NO issues doing it.There are several types of keto diets out there.