Hoping to make some new friends while we lose weight and get healthier together!

Options
Hi! Today I put the printout from my dr.'s office that tells my weight and BMI on the kitchen wall where I will see it each time I enter. I'm angry with myself that I toyed around with my food choices for so long and am going to channel that anger into positive lifestyle changes. I'm hoping to make some new friends along the way who are also making healthy choices and losing weight. Please feel free to say hi to me!

Replies

• Maggie12958
    Maggie12958 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I realize now that I didn't say much about myself. So.... I need to lose a little over 100 lbs and my BMI is over 40. There, I've said it out loud. That wasn't so bad. I have several health issues that would benefit from healthier lifestyle choices and weight loss. I am single and live alone so it is all on me if unhealthy food makes its way into my cupboards or refrigerator. I am motivated right now but know I will need some gentle nudges on my journey. I'm glad to be here!
  • moenissay
    moenissay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Wish you the best of luck in your new journey! I'm here to gain rather than losing weight actually, so you could gimme the pounds youre gonna get rid of haha.
  • juliejeanette1123
    juliejeanette1123 Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi, @Maggie12958- welcome! Best of luck on your journey- there are also some Facebook groups too that are pretty active, two I know are called 'Century Losers' and 'Weight Loss Support Group.'

Oh and hello @moenissay! Good luck with your muscles lol :) I find myself in that section of the gym too, because I want to tone my arms and legs and increase metabolism, but I wait until those muscle guys clear out. It's kind of embarrassing adjusting the machines down to the low levels...
  • ninetails85
    ninetails85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Maggie, I have about 120 lbs to lose . I just came back to the app. Add me ans let's chat
  • Maggie12958
    Maggie12958 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi moenissay, juliejeanette1, and ninetials85!! Thank you for your welcoming words!!

@juliejeanette1 - I don't want to use FB to post any information about my weight loss. I need anonymity for safety reasons. I am very cautious on FB. But I will check it out to see if I can see the posts; many groups are visible to members only.

@ninetails85 - I only use my desktop computer so I do not have the app.
  • NurseLozano1
    NurseLozano1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Give us an add
  • love_yourself02
    love_yourself02 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want u have 100+ to lose
  • glitchcat
    glitchcat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You’ve got this Maggie. You are about to make some AMAZING changes in your life. I’m excited for you.
  • tanyamum
    tanyamum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Maggie. I wish you all the luck and persistance you will need. I myself need to lose around 60lbs but am breaking it down to 30 at a time. After my first 30 I will have a breast reduction then hopefully I can move much more and get the last 30 off. Add me if you like I'm sure we could help each other.