Such a disappointment!

Options
13»

Replies

• RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    And that is why I pass up all the storebought hard cookies and brownies at our coffee hours... Because they aren't amazing enough for the calories.

The last time this happened I tried a different meal at one of my favorite restaurants... wasn't that great and had been to the gym extra for it. Really wished I used that treat meal on the one meal I know I loved. But trying new things is good...sometimes
  • tealrosefit
    tealrosefit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been going through this myself. It seems like the more I've been focused on eating healthy, all of the cakes and sweets that I USED to think were good, just taste blah lol. I was CRAVING pizza, and went to go get some from a place up the street and it wasn't even that great, made me feel horrible for even cheating on my meal plan.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Now if you British people (generalizing :* ) could make proper chocolate! Black & Green has a nice taste but lacks creaminess. Mackies is creamy but lacks cocoa. Cadbury's is NOT chocolate, with just 24% cocoa. I'm really starving here :'(

Sam Joseph Chocolates (in Altringham Market House and online)

Just saying...

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    I quit buying plain ordinary chocolate and started going for things like Lindt.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I've been going through this myself. It seems like the more I've been focused on eating healthy, all of the cakes and sweets that I USED to think were good, just taste blah lol. I was CRAVING pizza, and went to go get some from a place up the street and it wasn't even that great, made me feel horrible for even cheating on my meal plan.

I think "healthy" eating should be mentally healthy too so treats (that are worth the calories) are part of me meal plan in moderation. I don't believe in cheating. I eat pizza easily 3 times a month.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    HeyJudii wrote: »
    I feel you. I feel about wasting my calories about the same as I feel about wasting my money.

This past Friday, I had banked my calories for two sausage, peppers, and onions with marinara sauce on rolls. Decided last minute to go with turkey sausage. Such a disappointment. The turkey sausage was bland and tasted like someone had hand mixed the sausage meat after applying floral hand lotion.

I should have just burned the calories for the real Italian sausages.

Ya, the only turkey sausage I've found that I will bother with is from Whole Foods. But pork still blows that away.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I hate that some people think that “brownie”
    means “dry, stale chocolate cake”. Ugh.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I hate that some people think that “brownie”
    means “dry, stale chocolate cake”. Ugh.

Brownies are one of the foods I cut out of my diet. I just don't like them enough to ever be worth it, regardless of how well made they are. They're just too rich and dense (and often also too sweet) for my taste.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I’ve gotten far more okay with throwing away high calorie food that isn’t as good as I expected. I don’t like to waste food, but I also don’t like to waste calories. Before I lost weight, I would have felt obligated to eat it anyway.

A good brownie, though...I’ll always make room for that.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Most desserts are super disappointing and not worth the calories. Always a disappointment... but it's because I have very high standards too, lol.

I don't believe in the 'adapting to the things we eat' theory one bit though. It's just that because, I didn't care about wasted calories. Now I do. So saving calories and end up disappointed is a huge bummer... before I'd just eat the thing and move on to something else...

There's an amazing confectionery by my school that makes these perfect lemon macaroons (they have a myriad of other flavors too, but the raspberry filled lemon ones are my favorite)!!! They are always worth it, but at $5 a piece, they are truly a limited treat.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    A place opened up selling hand made brownies. I was so excited! I have a crazy sweet tooth. Planned my weekly calories around trying them. Got them today and they are....Ok.

I am sad I wasted calories on them. I have become really fussy about what I spend calories on and will gladly pay a premium for quality.

Ah well...moving on....

i really really hate it when that happens :/
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ...I have finally gotten past the guilt of throwing something out instead of finishing it.

It took me a long time to learn this. As a kid I wasn't allowed to throw food away. Didn't like it, portion was too big, it was too spicy? Tough, I sat there until it was all eaten. Good thing I burned off that extra food until lately, because I had no concept of satiety. I ate until it was gone. About five years ago I finally got comfortable with throwing away food if it didn't taste good or I just couldn't finish it all, but every once in a while I catch myself looking over my shoulder as if my mom is going to suddenly materialize in my kitchen from 2000 miles away and yell at me for throwing food away.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I HATE when that happens!!! I've been on strict prep since I got back from my vacation to be at weight for my competition (which is now less than a week away). I've told myself the entire time that if I make weight that I get to treat myself to this place called The Baked Bear where you essentially make an ice cream sandwich but pick the outer layer (different flavors of cookies, brownies and donuts), the ice cream flavor and the toppings that it's rolled in. I'm really hoping it lives up to the hype, especially since I've been craving it my entire prep.
  • ThereAreManyNames
    ThereAreManyNames Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Solution: make brownies at home. It takes 20 minutes and costs like, a dollar.

Of course if you're like me and can't control yourself around sweets sometimes having an entire pan around could be a bad bad temptation, but I've had success with either immediately portioning them out and freezing them when they cool or else giving the excess away at work the next day.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Just think of the positives. These disappointments that we experience are great for reducing cravings. So many sweet foods that I no longer crave because they just haven't lived up to their memories.
  • Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I read this and panicked. Eating a donut reassured me. Still good. :smile:
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    As part of my treat yoself day yesterday I impulse bought a load of cinammon raisin bread at Whole Foods. The thing was frosted already, sticky inside the plastic. It was so heavy it was collapsing under its own delicious density. I had two pieces late afternoon and something immediately was not right - within 15 minutes I'd barfed it back up. I had just said to a friend that my new 'rule' for cakes and cookies was that I can have them if I make them. This just underscores that, I can control what goes in it for a start.
  • pinaycoco
    pinaycoco Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    There should be a calorie refund for food that doesn't taste as good as you imagined.