There and Back Again: A Not So Hobbit Story

Options
sdm_edm
sdm_edm Posts: 8 Member
But, I can guarantee, it'll be an adventure. Name is Steve and am in the extreme early stages to lose what equates to an adult human male. Fun, huh? Been here before, it has worked, before, I have let it all come back, before. New chapter in my life is opening as we speak(divorce), and I don't know of a better time to start getting my backside in shape. Well, if we're being honest, it's the spare tire the size of one of those massive dump trucks around my waist I need to lose. And the man boobs. My backside is just fine. Anyway, looking for those that want to have some fun while we lose some weight. I know it can be done and now is prime time to focus on myself and put the aforementioned myself in first place. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Replies

• Moolatta
    Moolatta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request :)
  • amarna13
    amarna13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Anyone who comes out of the gate with a Hobbit reference is cool in my book. :)
  • sdm_edm
    Options
    amarna13 wrote: »

Haha, fair enough. Major nerd, I am. Mainly Star Wars, but I'm always good for the imagination of Tolkien.
  • amarna13
    Options
    sdm_edm wrote: »

Haha, fair enough. Major nerd, I am. Mainly Star Wars, but I'm always good for the imagination of Tolkien.

Star Wars is my life! (Super nerd here too obviously.)

We're going to be good friends.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    If you are a Tolkien fan check out the Walk to Mordor phone app and the Walk to Mordor challenge here on the message boards. It's a cool way to motivate ourselves to move. I am almost to the edge of Farmer Maggot's field .... long way to Mordor still...

And welcome, and best of wishes with your weight loss. I too have yoyo-ed in the past and I am in maintenance now, and determined to stay at my happy weight this time around.
  • sdm_edm
    Options
    If you are a Tolkien fan check out the Walk to Mordor phone app and the Walk to Mordor challenge here on the message boards. It's a cool way to motivate ourselves to move. I am almost to the edge of Farmer Maggot's field .... long way to Mordor still...

And welcome, and best of wishes with your weight loss. I too have yoyo-ed in the past and I am in maintenance now, and determined to stay at my happy weight this time around.

I will absolutely check into that. Sounds amazing, thanks for the recommendation. And thanks for the welcome.
  • sdm_edm
    Options

So the important question is: Light side or dark side?
  • amarna13
    Options

Oh man. As much as I want to say light side both for the sake of public appearance and because my inner child still completely idolizes Luke Skywalker...the honest part of me has to admit that, were I capable of using the Force, I'd totally be dark side.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I second the walk to Mordor app. It was fun, I completed it a few months ago.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options

Oh man. As much as I want to say light side both for the sake of public appearance and because my inner child still completely idolizes Luke Skywalker...the honest part of me has to admit that, were I capable of using the Force, I'd totally be dark side.

Yikes! :#
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    Welcome! I second the walk to Mordor app. It was fun, I completed it a few months ago.

I just downloaded the app! How cool for a major nerd like me :)

• sdm_edm
    Options

Haha. Excellent answer. Dark side, through and through for me. We'll get along juuuuuust fine.