How Many Pounds Does It Take YOU To Go Down A Size?

Options

Replies

• MariaHammer750
    MariaHammer750 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    how many pounds does it take YOU to go down a pant size? I have lost 13 lbs and my pants are loose but I dont think I am a size smaller.

For me, it was 25 lbs. Like someone else said, I think it depends on your size. Since I weigh 293 now, I imagine it is the more you weigh, then the more weight loss it takes to get to the next smaller size. Good luck and don't fret on that!
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that I went from an 8 to a 6 with these 12 lbs I've lost.

I do still have a size 6 pant that I can not get into. I once tried on two pants and I found the size 10 fit better than the size 8 which was way too big.

All I can say for sure is that I now fit into some pants that I didn't fit into 5 weeks ago.
  • kmpublishing2
    kmpublishing2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    For me it tends to be about 12lb - 15lbs between sizes for trousers and skirts, takes my top half a LOT longer to drop down a size because even if my arms, waist, everything else will fit my damn boobs just can't take the squeeze! Haha!

I have this same exact problem!!!
  • stellasgirl
    Options
    I've always heard (and found) that it takes about 20 lbs to lose the first size then down 1 size every 10lbs.
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thats what I thought.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    apparently 10-12 does it for me. I'm probably a size 7/8 currently 15 pounds ago I was size 9/10
  • HokieMama4
    HokieMama4 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I bought new jeans after I'd lost 18lbs. I probably could have gotten them a little sooner. Also I think what size you're trying to drop down from/to makes a difference also. I think weight-wise there's a difference between dropping from a 20 to an 18 versus dropping from a 6 to a 4. And everyone carries their weight differently. I carry most of my weight in my hips and butt, so for me to drop a jean size is kind of a big deal. I have a friend who lost 5lbs and needed new pants - she has a totally different body type. Height plays a big factor too!
  • MsLTJ71
    MsLTJ71 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I didn't really go clothes shopping until I lost 50lbs. I went from a 22 pants size to a 14. I probably should have went shopping sooner but I never really was comfortable with my bigger size and never liked to shop for clothes. When I decided that my clothes(pants) were too big I went to try on some stuff not even realizing I had gone down 4 sizes. So for me I probably went down a size every 12 to 15 lbs.
  • Today414
    Today414 Posts: 118
    Options
    15 - 20 lbs here
  • VeganCoco
    VeganCoco Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    For me when I went from an 18 to a 16 (UK) it was about 14lbs, when I went from a 16-14 it was about 14lbs and to get from a 14 to a 12 it's about 30lbs haha! Bloody big hips, I have to be damn near emaciated before I get lower than a size 14 in jeans!

Tops is consistently about a stone :)
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    for me, it is 30 lbs!!
    Would love to drop 4 more sizes!!
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    After 16lbs, my current pants are definitely very loose and starting to look sloppy. I can get into the next size down, but it's still a little tight and not appropriate to wear in public! I can't wait until I'm in a smaller size just so I can have some pants that fit. I'm hoping that will happen around the 20-25lb mark.
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've barely lost 5 lb. in the last 6-8 weeks, but I went down 2 pant sizes. I'd LOVE to see the scale move more, but I'm pretty dang happy with what I AM seeing.

(Yay, CrossFit!)

Congrats!! That is spectacular! Congrats to everyone in here with their accomplishments!
  • babspalmer
    Options
    For me, when I lose 10 lbs, my work pants become loose enough that I can put them on and take them off without unbuttoning them.

This happens to me too. I have some pants I can pull on and off without undoing. It's a great feeling. I'm down 5 pounds and can feel my pants getting looser. I love this feeling!
  • amberpitt919
    amberpitt919 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It takes me 30-40 lbs lost to lose a size. I'm 5'10" and carry my weight extremely well. Noone believed what I weighed at my heaviest nor do they believe what I weigh now. I've lost 23 lbs and 4.25" in my waist since May 10 and I haven't dropped a size yet. Although, honestly I should have gone up a size when I gained weight. I have much less spill over these days though. I'm currently a sz 20/22 depending on the clothes. I'd like to be a sz 14/16. I've also been working with a trainer at the gym who has been focused on my gaining muscle. So, it depends on your body and where you get your clothes from.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    The bad part about being short is that every little pound gained shows up in a bad way! The good thing about being short is that even a small weight loss can make a big difference in appearance. I am 5 feet tall.

At my heaviest of 145 lbs, I was a size 10-12 depending on the brand. At my current weight of 131 lbs, I am a size 6-8. At 120 lbs, I fit a size 4. At my lowest weight of 115 lbs, I wear a size 2.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    About 40 pounds to drop 2 sizes. Then it took 25 pounds to drop 4 sizes. The closer I get to goal, the less weight it takes between sizes. It took five pounds to go from a size 10 to a size 8, and even less than that to a size 6.
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sizes are so inconsistent that I don’t even measure my weight loss that way. Depending on the store and style my pant size is an 8 all the way up to a 12 and in tops anywhere between a small to an xl.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    depends on where/how its coming off, but at this point ... 10-15 pounds on average
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd come back to this post and report that I went down a bra size as well as a pants size after losing 15lbs. I started at 230 and wearing a size 16 pant and 40DDD bra. I'm now comfortably in size 14 pants and a 38DDD bra. I'm glad that my boobs are getting smaller too, I just wish my stomach would go down as rapidly :)