Hi-- not new, but new to the community

Options
hi! i'm michele, 42 and trying to return to consistent tracking of mileage (running, hiking mostly plus some swimming & lifting) and nutrition.

spent years and years on cool running, runners world, sparkpeople & fitness threads on various punk forums & social messageboards, fell off for a bit and am now trying to do everything i used to do but in fewer places. tech has developed so nicely since i first started tracking things online-- having devices that pull it all together helps a lot (i use garmin connect, myfitnesspal, sleep cycle and healthkit mostly, though i retain a soft spot for runkeeper and still use it to route my hikes and track mileage on my shoes. garmin connect & myfitnesspal do the heavy lifting in terms of activity and nutrition tracking), so hopefully i'll be able to be more consistent without feeling i need to be tethered to my laptop all the time?

recovering from various injuries & balancing work/workout life has been a challenge, as is just aging in general (remember when you could pull a hamstring on tuesday and be back on the track by friday? yeah, those days are GONE).

i think i look okay, but i'm def not as fit as i'd like to be and have seen shocking losses in strength over the last two years. i want to reclaim my muscles & cardiovascular health, and i want to keep my bones dense and hardy for the hormonal craziness that i know is just a few years ahead.

tracking nutrition is a part of the larger picture of health, imho.

so. i'll be poking around here to stay motivated, and probs to ask tons of questions about devices and apps and features.

Hi!

Replies