using the exercise recordings on mfp

Options
jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
against my counsellor's advice, I was gonna start recording how often I exercise. (don't really care about how many calories burned, just how often I got off the couch)... on the exercise logs,, i couldn't find any common videos listed, like hip hop abs. do you have to ad them yourself???

Replies

• jackieb79
    Options
    Why does your counselor advise against recording how often you exercise?
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    hi - you could add them yourself in your Exercise tab by clicking on "create an exercise" BUT, it will asked for calories burned! Just how this site is set up :grumble:

best of luck on your fitness adventures !
  • Hernandezedw
    Options
    I tend to just use aerobics or calisthenics
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    The exercise counter on the site has become a huge part of my routine. Usually I'm well over what I need to be doing since it's summer and the pool has become my best friend, but when Labor Day rolls around, I'm going to have to start branching out a bit more, weights, walking more, etc. to keep my numbers and times up to where they should be to meet my goal.

I haven't actually added anything yet, mostly have been pulling pre-entered activities that are similar to what I'm doing. I spent 2 hours standing at the copier scanning documents, and chose "Fishing from the river bank" as my activity, lol.
  • jerber160
    Options
    she says it adjusts your calories or something... makes you think you're doing better than you might be...
  • jackieb79
    Options
    she says it adjusts your calories or something... makes you think you're doing better than you might be...

That's true, it does add calories to your daily target, but you should be consuming more calories if you're exercising, as your body will need them to repair itself and keep from going into starvation mode. MFP tells you in your food diary how many extra calories you've earned from exercise
  • jerber160
    Options

That's true, it does add calories to your daily target, but you should be consuming more calories if you're exercising, as your body will need them to repair itself and keep from going into starvation mode. MFP tells you in your food diary how many extra calories you've earned from exercise
  • jerber160
    Options
    honey i could be in starvation mode for about 3 weeks before my body noticed!
  • aldiaz381
    Options
    You could add your own excersise and just put in 1 calorie. That way you can keep track and it won't mess with your daily totals :)
  • jerber160
    Options
    You could add your own excersise and just put in 1 calorie. That way you can keep track and it won't mess with your daily totals :)

that's what I did-thanks. but I'd still be curious to see what some of the tapes claim...