How Many Pounds Does It Take YOU To Go Down A Size?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Vanity Sizing encourages sales, makes you feel good, enticing you to buy more merch. An average 16 can fit into a vanity size 10. A 10 can fit into a vanity size 4. Sizes are data points but they're not an accurate gauge of how you feel or look in your clothes.
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'm at 17 lbs lost and did have to buy new pants- not because the waist had gotten too lose but because the butt and legs were SUPER saggy. Instead of buying a different size, I had to go for a different style (super stretchy-skinny leg fit).
  • prettyshambolic
    prettyshambolic Posts: 33 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    15-20lbs. I am only 5'1" but my weight is distributed very evenly.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    So I fit clothes for a living and my company uses body growth studies to determine how much we grade a pattern between sizes. It really just depends on what size you are to begin with, where you fall in the measurement range for that size, and if you are actually wearing the correct size. If your in the plus size range it will likely take more for you to go down a size, but if your in missy sizing you’ll need to lose less to drop size. It is also different for numeric sizing vs alpha sizing because each alpha size equals 2 numeric sizes (size M usually fits size 8/10 or jeans size 29/30).
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I've lost 64 pounds and gone down 2 sizes