Tummy Tuck

Options
Anna_Banana
Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
Okay, I have a really bad lower tummy. Really the only way to get it to look "normal" is to get a tummy tuck. It got stretched out so bad when I was pregnant with #3 (it went back fine after #1 & 2). Now I just have this yucky flap that just hangs there like a really saggy boob under my belly button. I can hide it with clothes but I know they would fit so much better if I didn't have this.

Has anybody on here had a tummy tuck? How bad was it and was it worth the pain?

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Options
    Okay, I have a really bad lower tummy. Really the only way to get it to look "normal" is to get a tummy tuck. It got stretched out so bad when I was pregnant with #3 (it went back fine after #1 & 2). Now I just have this yucky flap that just hangs there like a really saggy boob under my belly button. I can hide it with clothes but I know they would fit so much better if I didn't have this.

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I have not had a tuck but I had a panniculectomy which is removal of that skin hanging down. I felt a ton better when it was down. I could barely walk before from the extra skin:blushing: but afterwards I felt great. First time I had a lap since I was a child literally. Do your research and make sure you get a very good surgeon. Mine had done a fellow teacher's reconstructions from her breast cancer surgeries so I knew he was good and well qualified. I can't wait for the day I can get the rest off when I am down the rest of the weight!

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I gained about 70lbs with my first baby and 50 with my second and had c-sections on top of it so I know what that flab looks like. Its slowly going down but I have also thought about the tummy tuck and boob lift. Thanks for asking this question because I don't know if i would have been able to. :flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

I have that same "flap" I too am aiming for a tummy tuck after we have our 3rd. Hubs told me I can use our income tax money. I have been losing at a nice pace and the flap is getting smaller but it looks and feels like flubber. :noway: :grumble: :laugh:
  • Moma_Do
    Moma_Do Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    oh my god there are people like me out there! i so want a tummy tuck /breast lift too.I want to make it my prize for losing all my weight.
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I haven't had one. Someone I know has though, and it was painful. Honestly, she didn't need it in the first place. She was a size zero and had a little pooch. They take the skin cut some off and then stitch the two ends together. They have to make you a "new" belly button. It won't look the same as it did before. Personally, I don't really agree with plastic surgery, but I think something like a tummy tuck or a breast lift rather than fake boobs is alright. If this will help you, then go ahead. It will be painful for a few weeks and you will have a scar.
  • inkedcelticcross
    inkedcelticcross Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My wife had a tummy tuck and breast augmentation after she lost and kept off 65 pounds. She also got tired of tucking the extra skin at the waist and "rolling up" her breast and stuffing them in her bra. :laugh: She did VERY WELL with both procedures. Took a little longer than she hoped to get the feeling back in both areas. Make sure if you plan on showing off the new sexy bod in a two piece bathing suit, that you discuss with the surgeon in detail where the incession will be made. May want to take a sample bottom with you so they can see your expectations.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous of those who can afford a tummy tuck. I'd love to have one after I reach my goal, but there's no way I could afford it. A breast lift would be wonderful too. :ohwell:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm not sure if we can afford it, but I think I will get it done this summer. We might have to sacrifice some things here and there to save up for it, but I think it will help my self esteem. Plus I've worked so hard to get this weight off it.
  • carolstrange0
    Options
    So money wise.... Go do a research study... You dont have to take off work for it... Just try and find one on the weekends....
    There gonna ask you if you've been working out (say no)... reason this raises your liver and other ensyms in your body... If you dont exercise for so long these go down.... Shows normal..
    There also gonna ask if your allergic to anything (if you are tell the truth) of course you can have an adverse reaction to any drug they are trying out on you and go into some kind of shock...
    But if you do say no to anything you wont be able to do a study...

So different studies cost different amounts.... I did one 2 weeks straight like 4000.00 or so..

So thats how i afforded my boobs and would i do it again (HECK YEAH)

If you are intrested in doing a study talk to me or ask around.... I bet you can find one

Sometimes they do studies on "How does ibuprofin & excedrin mix" I mean come on... Just dont do any that deal with pain meds or something crazy that you really dont wanna do
    ANd you'll do fine

I did them straight for 2 years then i ment my hubby in one... We wanted a more healthy life style so we quit
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    What in the world?

You lost me.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I remember there was someone on here who did she looked great don't know if she's still around

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/21582-new-post-op-pics?hl=amber&page=1#posts-189325
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    at which point do you think I should think about a tummy tuck . I mean i have always thought about it but after so long of exercise do you realize its not going anywhere??
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm not sure if we can afford it, but I think I will get it done this summer. We might have to sacrifice some things here and there to save up for it, but I think it will help my self esteem. Plus I've worked so hard to get this weight off it.

Good luck! I'd really love to get one. I know, my upper abs have tightened up well, but the lower abs... yuck! Gaining and losing 70# while pg did NOT do me any favors. If I had the money I'd do it in a heart beat!

Jess
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I was just wishing I could afford a tummy tuck of course a breat lift wouldn't be amiss either *sigh* maybe when the kids are gone I'll be able to afford it but that's about a minium of 16 years from now :ohwell:
  • inkedcelticcross
    inkedcelticcross Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I remember during the consultation we had with the surgeon that he said that women who give birth will rarely get their full stomach muscles back to pre-birth state because the birthing process typically rips them. The only way to pull them back to allow for 6-pack abs was surgery. That is part of the procedure they do with the tummy tuck.

To all considering, I would maintain your goal weight at least 6 months. The procedure is too costly and evasive to take lightly or revert back to a former self.

But I will admit that it was hard to see my wife work sooo hard to get healthly and then see her excess skin actually make her look older. It was the reward to hard work and allowed the rest of her body look amazing.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Okay, now I am freaked out, I still have 45 pounds to lose and after looking at those pics of Amber I am not sure I really want to lose any more weight. JK, but I really am worried about my tummy now. UGH!
  • suprjewels
    Options
    So money wise.... Go do a research study... You dont have to take off work for it... Just try and find one on the weekends....
    There gonna ask you if you've been working out (say no)... reason this raises your liver and other ensyms in your body... If you dont exercise for so long these go down.... Shows normal..
    There also gonna ask if your allergic to anything (if you are tell the truth) of course you can have an adverse reaction to any drug they are trying out on you and go into some kind of shock...
    But if you do say no to anything you wont be able to do a study...

So different studies cost different amounts.... I did one 2 weeks straight like 4000.00 or so..

So thats how i afforded my boobs and would i do it again (HECK YEAH)

If you are intrested in doing a study talk to me or ask around.... I bet you can find one

Sometimes they do studies on "How does ibuprofin & excedrin mix" I mean come on... Just dont do any that deal with pain meds or something crazy that you really dont wanna do
    ANd you'll do fine

I did them straight for 2 years then i ment my hubby in one... We wanted a more healthy life style so we quit
    interested can you pm me some info, thanks!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Okay, now I am freaked out, I still have 45 pounds to lose and after looking at those pics of Amber I am not sure I really want to lose any more weight. JK, but I really am worried about my tummy now. UGH!
    Oh Hon, don't freak out!:flowerforyou: :wink: The very most important thing hopefully to us all is getting our bodies healthy anything beyond that is good stuff as well.

I know insurance will cover some of the procedures if they are for mobility and medical reasons, but that is usually for folks that have lost hundreds and NEED to have the skin removed for various reasons.

In time I plan to have a number of procedures and my insurance will cover much of it. Not sure if you've ever looked into the cost but as Inked shared...whew, it AIN'T cheap!!!:huh: :noway:

But I think sometimes if things make us feel better about ourselves then they are important. I don't see any of this as vain or not important. Working so very hard to lose all the weight we are we deserve to not only feel healthy but gain our confidence back as well.

I did alot of research on the net regarding after pics. ACK, scared me out of my wits, I saw some pretty gruesome scars, so also as Inked shared....very important to know how those scars will lay, and each doctor will do it differently.

I've known folks that had various procedures done, such as tightening the under arm flab, wow, a long scar down the arm is what a person gains when they lose the extra flesh. So it's a trade off, I don't believe we can have some surgeries without a sign of it.

But sometimes it's worth it, for me it will because as I continue losing weight the skin is dropping abdominally and it's not pleasant and it certainly is a hinderance in working out in some ways but I do it anyway because I figure if I can keep my mind positive and feeling good about me, then to heck with the stuff I can't do anything about for the time being. It's sorta weird that I have approximately 1/3 of the lbs. left to lose and wow, can't quite imagine where all the rest of the skin will have to go.:noway: So it's gonna be a HAVE TO thing with me regarding skin removal surgery. Healthy wise, for me the scars will be a trade off and will be much easier than trying to stay mobile with the excess skin in my stomache/lower abdoman area.

I totally agree with Inked, I believe He was the one that mentioned to stabalize our weight and keep it maintained for awhile before we do surgery so it's not a mess if some of the weight is gained back.:sad: :noway:

Was it the first BL winner that gained so much back not long after He had a huge amount of surgery, just reading an article He wrote in a mag. Don't know what season but his name is Eric. I feel sad for Him, to lose so much and then gain it back..yikes. BUT He did share that the limelight is what kept Him going, then the limelight went away and He began eating the same methods as before the show. So it sounds like He's learned to not just lose but to now change He was of thinking of food. I have no clue what happens if you've done skin removal sugery then gain back a ton of weight. I imagine it would be tough on the body among other things.

sorry about the book folks:blushing: :drinker: :wink: :flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    at which point do you think I should think about a tummy tuck . I mean i have always thought about it but after so long of exercise do you realize its not going anywhere??

I have a consultation for a tummy tuck in October! I'm soooooooo excited! I have a lower flap that really sags and an upper one that goes over my belly button :ohwell: So there's a lot of extra skin! My stomach still looks the way it did when I weighed 270 lbs! It makes it really hard to feel great about all the hard work we put in to this!

I asked at what point in my weightloss should I go in for the consultation and they said I should be at my goal weight when I have it. I've heard that usually it's no more than a pound of two of excess skin, but I'm convinced I must have AT LEASt 5 extra pounds in excess skin! I've decided that at 5'10", my goal weight will be 140 lbs. I think this will look like a healthy weight on me & still give me sexy curves.

Anyways, I think anything that will help us put the finishing touches on our new hot bodies is well worth it and well deserved! Keep up the amazing work everyone!