Food Obsessed

Options
This is a hard omission... I am absolutely obsessed with food and eating. I can be mindlessly eating and never get satisfied or be full and still keep eating. I think about food all the time. Is there anyone else like me with this issue or anyone who has had this issue and overcame it? I'm almost at one year of MFP and I'm starting to slip back into old and bad habits.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I have been like that, but with time and hard work I must say I have fixed my relationship with food. Food is no longer something I fear and abuse, but something I value and enjoy. Oh, I can eat quite a lot after I'm full, of course, but I don't do it consistently and excessively anymore. Oh, and I think about food all the time, but the thoughts circle around what delicious things I have eaten and am going to eat, not what dreadful things I couldn't stop myself from eating and what I think I should eat and what I really want to eat instead.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    This is a hard omission... I am absolutely obsessed with food and eating. I can be mindlessly eating and never get satisfied or be full and still keep eating. I think about food all the time. Is there anyone else like me with this issue or anyone who has had this issue and overcame it? I'm almost at one year of MFP and I'm starting to slip back into old and bad habits.

It's not all your fault. When we lose weight, our body pushes us to regain by increasing hunger and decreasing satiety. All controlled by hormones and the hypothalamus.i deal with some of the issues. We weight reduced individuals will always have an increased hunger lvl us less we repay the energy gap. Aka regain all the weight. I am working on some things to help me. I am now practicing time restricted eating while still counting macros. High protein diet with low energy dense food. Not snacking helps. Have set meal times. Don't overly restrict foods you like. The big one for me so far has been activity. When I get active, such as my fasted am walk, hunger will die about an hour in. Just my suggestions that i am instituting.
  • SeptemberRain81
    SeptemberRain81 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    The funny thing is, it's not necessarily the "bad" foods I constantly think about .. It's just food. I can binge eat grape tomatoes or baby carrots or tuna salad. Mind you, I know no one gets fat off carrots, just using that as an example. I have no portion control. If I get a container of hummus, for example, I can sit down with cucumbers and eat the whole dang thing. I hate myself for being this way.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    The funny thing is, it's not necessarily the "bad" foods I constantly think about .. It's just food. I can binge eat grape tomatoes or baby carrots or tuna salad. Mind you, I know no one gets fat off carrots, just using that as an example. I have no portion control. If I get a container of hummus, for example, I can sit down with cucumbers and eat the whole dang thing. I hate myself for being this way.

Remember, there are no such things as bad foods. Just ones that might not be best for our goals. Nothing wrong with hyperpalitable/ energy dense foods, but they blow through macros quickly. Yes, i have seen people get "fat"off of clean foods. Carrots have Calories. Would it take a Herculean effort? Well, yes, but can be done. Just an example. While hummus is considered by some a healthy food, it is very calorie dense. Olive oil has 9 calories a gram. Look at the nutritional labels on the store bought stuff. I know protein is what makes me full. Veggies help, but my stomach will run through them quickly. Fat, while some people claim is the most filling, does little for me. Don't knock yourself around too hard. Experiments with all the thing I states above might help. I will offer one last thing I have now doing and have noticed. Most successful maintainers tend to eat the same stuff every day. Little do they know I stalk their diaries when I can. I think it has to do with specific sensory seitiy. Aka the buffet effect. We tend to eat less of the stuff we eat every day. Best of luck.... wish me the same.
  • SeptemberRain81
    SeptemberRain81 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

Remember, there are no such things as bad foods. Just ones that might not be best for our goals. Nothing wrong with hyperpalitable/ energy dense foods, but they blow through macros quickly. Yes, i have seen people get "fat"off of clean foods. Carrots have Calories. Would it take a Herculean effort? Well, yes, but can be done. Just an example. While hummus is considered by some a healthy food, it is very calorie dense. Olive oil has 9 calories a gram. Look at the nutritional labels on the store bought stuff. I know protein is what makes me full. Veggies help, but my stomach will run through them quickly. Fat, while some people claim is the most filling, does little for me. Don't knock yourself around too hard. Experiments with all the thing I states above might help. I will offer one last thing I have now doing and have noticed. Most successful maintainers tend to eat the same stuff every day. Little do they know I stalk their diaries when I can. I think it has to do with specific sensory seitiy. Aka the buffet effect. We tend to eat less of the stuff we eat every day. Best of luck.... wish me the same.

Thank you so much and best of luck to you and your endeavors!