Belly fat

Options
2»

Replies

• jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    you can spot build muscle - which reduces fat. simple physics.

You're confusing physics with biology; also, biology says no on this one. Sorry.

Now, yes you CAN "spot build" muscle... and that can lead to a different appearance that may make it look like you've lost fat in that area, but you did not, and nothing about building muscle mass in one specific part of the body in and of itself causes fat tissue in that same area to reduce.

You may also be reaching a conclusion based on the statement that increasing lean muscle mass increases base metabolic rate and that helps to reduce fat by increasing your energy needs.... still a stretch to state what you did, however.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

Nope...

If that were the case, people bulking to put on muscle wouldn't also get fat.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Nope...

If that were the case, people bulking to put on muscle wouldn't also get fat.

Oooooh, if only!!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

i've been building my core for a long time. still have loch ness abs
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Not true at all. Muscle gain and fat loss are two completely different and separate processes and there is no direct relation between the two. Simple physiology.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    To OP. I started lifting weights in a class 3 nights a week, along with body weight exercises. I added this to my cardio biking workout I do 4 mornings a week. I was in maintenance, got more muscles everywhere, but still had the belly roll of fat.

I’ve started to eat fewer calories, and my belly roll is getting smaller. Plus, I have a nice strong core. Cut the calories and you’ll lose the fat.
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Think about what humans had to do in life before modern times- before distractions like Netflix and easy food delivered practically to our mouths with no effort but a swipe on the phone....

We had to run around for hours each day to find our food, pick it or kill it, then haul it back (a fairly decent amount of weight) all the way back to the village. Even in not so prehistoric eras, people farmed for food, which we all know is hard work and physically demanding. People didn't have desk jobs.

The human body developed (evolved if you will) under certain circumstances that did not involve rolling through the drive-through to acquire dinner and sitting around watching the CBS news and The Big Bang Theory marathons. It is not natural to our physical being.

Now, in the 21st century, it's an uphill struggle to balance and in some cases fight modern conveniences as they make us lazier and less active- we don't "need" to be to survive. That also leads us to being fat, hugely overweight and in poor health.

Find the time to eat a more balanced, natural diet of "Real" food when you can, of moderate and not obscene amounts while getting some level of exercise and physical activity and most people would be perfectly fine and not Jabba the Hut rolling in on his Amigo or Rascal through the frozen food section of Wal*Mart.

BOOM! World problems solved! Live like it's 1898 y'all!