Drinking 8 glasses and Can't stop peeing....

So I'm finally consuming the recommended 8 cups of water/day. Now I can't stop going to the bathroom. I feel like once i drink the water, it comes right out of me. Has anyone experience this or should i be calling my Dr?

Replies

• stlbluesangel
    stlbluesangel Posts: 23 Member
    ha, I swear it goes right through me...makes me feel like I'm pregnant again. :)
  • audra1ee
    audra1ee Posts: 56 Member
    I feel similarly, I don't think this is anything to worry about. It's like when you drink alcohol and they talk about 'the seal', its because you are pushing more water through your system, you have to push more out. Your bladder can only hold so much.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Wait until you get old you pee even when you don't drink. I'm so tired of getting up in the middle of the night. Depends here I come. :drinker:
  • erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Yep, peeing constantly, even in the middle of the night and I never used to do that. Drink up!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    It kind of settled down for me after a few weeks. :-)
  • Mberanek408
    Mberanek408 Posts: 9 Member
    It will get better as your body gets used to the water...Just count the positives...all that back and forth counts as exercise. LOL. I wear a pedometer & I walk quite a bit extra the days I drink the water I am supposed to...
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    It gets easier! Just think of it as exercise for now! ;)

I drink well over 100 ounces a day. At one time I was constantly running to the bathroom. Now it's just once every few hours. You do get used to it!
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    It gets better!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I drink 10-12 cups or more a day (drinking 6 or so 16.9 oz bottles of water) and talk about potty time:love:

I've been drinking water like this for over a month now, and it does kinda even out, but still I am constantly using the bathroom too. Also, drinking lots of water makes me do number 2 more often as well. :blushing:
  • jessicaacampbell1
    jessicaacampbell1 Posts: 133 Member
    Thanks everyone! Definitely thought something wrong was going on. Hopefully my body gets on board with this change and adjust.:happy:
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    definitel normal, i am drinking at least 4 litres a day and constantly going to the loo
  • ImaSongbird
    ImaSongbird Posts: 126 Member
    When I saw my GI guy for my 5-year colonoscopy screening, he noticed I was drinking from a large water bottle. He told me that unless I was drinking with food the water would just pass through. He told me that I need to drink with my meals, to give the water something to bind to.
  • terryttp
    terryttp Posts: 1 Member
    jessicaacam.have you found out why yet?.i had that 5 yrs ago.then 2 yrs ago I gain too much water I cant get rid of it.i been docs all my test came out fine.you can email me.bwfe@live.com..
  • arbuckle57
    arbuckle57 Posts: 10 Member
    yes, me too. At least your kidneys will love it. It's normal
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,371 Member
    When I saw my GI guy for my 5-year colonoscopy screening, he noticed I was drinking from a large water bottle. He told me that unless I was drinking with food the water would just pass through. He told me that I need to drink with my meals, to give the water something to bind to.

Your GI guy is wrong - the body will use what it needs regardless of when you are drinking it or what you are drinking it with and the rest will pass thru.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    edited July 2018
    You definitely do get use to it / your body adjusts. I usually drink over 100oz per day. I use to not be able to make it an hour without going to the bathroom, but I can definitely hold it a lot longer now.

Plus, being well hydrated is so great for the body. Amoung all of the health aspects, my skin looks amazing, even my dermatologist commented on it and asked me what moisturizer I'm using and was shocked when I told her absolutely nothing.

ETA: Sucked in by a Zombie post again. Ugh.
  • snemberton
    snemberton Posts: 175 Member
    I used the extra bathroom trips as a bonus. I work from home downstairs. I now make myself go to the bathroom all the way upstairs at the other end of the house each time to get more steps. Win-win! More hydration and more movement!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    edited July 2018
    terryttp wrote: »
    jessicaacam.have you found out why yet?.i had that 5 yrs ago.then 2 yrs ago I gain too much water I cant get rid of it.i been docs all my test came out fine.you can email me *deleted*..

:huh: This thread is 6 1/2 years old. If you've been medically cleared by your doctors, I'm not sure an internet forum will be much help.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,114 Member
    This is interesting, particularly the bit about metabolism.
    https://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/weight_loss/advice/drinking-water-lose-weight.htm
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    If I get out of drinking water regularly and get back into it, I tend to have an adjustment period where I have to pee all the time too. It goes away after a week or two.