Replies

• JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    jenibethbu wrote: »
    Misty_1375 wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Misty_1375 wrote: »
    So everyone would hate me. Winda = Window, pilla = pillow, prolly = probably, marshmalla = marshmallow

That's so weird. I like when people say those words like that.
    I don't hear it very often and I think it sounds cute.

Thanks! Ive gotten better. I used to say waRsh. Uhm yeah there’s no “R” in wash....lol

That’s how my mom says it. She has a serious southern drawl, born and raised in Kentucky. It only bothers me when she refers to one person as a “ya’ll”.

Isn't one person a "ya'll" and more than one "all ya'll"?

No...it takes 2+ to make a y'all and 5+ to make an all y'all, because math!

Correct.

I used to work with a guy who told me a very long story about his wife shopping for "chester drawers."
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Less vs. Fewer. . It doesn't so much irritate me as make me sad.
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    When I say pillow it sounds more like "pellow" and it drives my wife nuts..
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    People who maliciously speed up to close the gap when I'm trying to change lanes two miles ahead of my turn. .
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    People who get mad when I slowly drift into their lane until they back the F off and let me merge. . .
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Or people who see that the lanes are merging ahead so they intentionally get into the lane that's ending so they can pass 4 cars and merge back in..
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    People who go all apoplectic on me and scream at their windshield in my rear-view mirror after I forcefully merge in front of them (causing them a 0.00000 second delay). . . Actually, that's not really a pet-peeve so much as a great start to my day.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

You're my favorite.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »

You're my favorite.

It's a losing battle. . I see it and hear it everywhere, even from prominent newscasters and people whom you'd think would know better.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    "I came back for the woos, to bother the white knights, and to constantly badger the self depracaters that are truly just fishing for compliments and are far worse than being immodest......."

Show me all of the love, tell me I'm beautiful....now Goooo in 1, 2, 3.

I have a cousin who's so wrapped up in her looks that she's stuck back in high school and the cheerleading squad. She spends all of her time posting pix on FB for likes and loves, Oooh's and Ahhhh's. Her mother constantly told her how beautiful she was and consequently her brain is the size of tsetse fly. She only needed to stand there and look pretty. She'll do anything for a compliment. The only thing that comes out of her mouth is so and so is soooo pretty. Their children are sooo pretty or cute. It's the only thing that matters to her. The aging process is going to take its' toll and she may have a breakdown when she no longer can bat her eyeballs and stop traffic.

I'm 180 degrees out the other way. I don't take belly button selfies or have a FB account. She lives for the class reunions and I don't bother going. I figure if you haven't actually visited with any of those people since the day you left home how much of a friend are they. Fishing for compliments. That gives me a really big pinch. Thanks for listening.