Baked Tortilla Chips (60 calories)

Options
NeuroticVirgo
NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
Make your own chips at home...granted they're still chips...so you still can't eat 100 of them. But better than you find in the store.

Comparison:
0007373108303_300X300.jpg
Mission: Restaurant Style Rounds Party Pack Tortilla Chips

Serving Size: 28 Grams

Calories: 140 Carbs: 17 Fiber: 1 Fat: 7 Protein: 2 Sugar: 0 Sodium: 150

Homemade:

Serving Size: 28 Grams (about 16 Chips)

Calories: 60 Carbs: 12 Fiber: 2 Fat: 1 Protein: 1 Sugar: 1 Sodium: 5

IMG_5956-1.jpg

Pre-Heat Oven to 350

Take 2 Corn Tortillas, and slice them into 8 Triangle pieces (so will make 16). I used Arizona Brand Corn Tortillas, make sure you check the nutritional info because the brand can change the nutritional info.

IMG_5958-1.jpg

Collect seasonings. I like to use Garlic, or a mix my aunt made me if I want to make them spicy. But I mostly use just salt substitute because my family is boring and doesn't like them with other stuff on them. Ha ha! You'll also need some kind of 0 calorie oil/butter spray (Like PAM etc)

IMG_5960-1.jpg

Place chips onto baking sheet, spray a layer of 0 calorie oil/butter over chips. Generously sprinkle on Salt substitute . Bake in oven for 10 minutes (check around 5-6 minutes so they don't burn). If they are crunchy then their done, if they are still soft a little then keep baking.

Use with homemade Nachos, Dip or Salsa.

Replies

• holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Welcome :happy:
  • mesafford
    mesafford Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to mention that if you don't have any corn tortillas on hand, flour tortillas will crisp up nicely too. They have more of a thin "pita chip" taste that way. Made them the other night this way to serve a few with Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili from skinnytaste.com. Yum!!!
  • aplozano
    aplozano Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks, a good snack to make:smile:
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I've made these before but with cinnamin and sugar. I would actually now use splenda instead of white sugar. Great for when you're craving something sweet.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSUH!
  • southwestern25
    Options
    glad i found this-i have been wanting chips every time i go shopping---i will try these 2day!!!!!!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    I've made these before but with cinnamin and sugar. I would actually now use splenda instead of white sugar. Great for when you're craving something sweet.

OMG! I've had chips like that before...now I want some! haha!