Giving up

Options
Getting fed up now. Feeling obsessed every time I look at scales when weight not going. Doing so much exercise, sticking to calories

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    have you implemented any of the changes or take a diet break to combat the over training issues discussed in this thread?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/42225731#Comment_42225731
  • lisajames925
    lisajames925 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yes cut back a bit on exercise and eating more calories
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Yes cut back a bit on exercise and eating more calories

great. now you just need to trust the process. it was only a week ago that you made those changes, wasn't it?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    don't worry about the body scale. focus on the food scale.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    Options
    This is really an anxiety issue.

Are you under a lot of stress either personally or professionally?
  • lisajames925
    lisajames925 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I suffer from anxiety always have and self confidence issues. I have gone down two stone and two dress sizes from 14-10. But I look in mirror and see me the same size as I was. I weigh once a week and it stays at 9st 9. Been doing 4 cardio classes a week and 2 strength sessions but still stays the same. Making myself eat more to get up to the calories set by fitness pal
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I suffer from anxiety always have and self confidence issues. I have gone down two stone and two dress sizes from 14-10. But I look in mirror and see me the same size as I was. I weigh once a week and it stays at 9st 9. Been doing 4 cardio classes a week and 2 strength sessions but still stays the same. Making myself eat more to get up to the calories set by fitness pal

have you thought about seeing someone about those issues?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how eating more is going to help you lose weight. Try to focus on what you like about your exercise. Try a trending app for your weight(I use libra). It shows a graph of your weight, goal weight, and trends, so you don't have to focus so much on the daily weight. Do you do any yoga or meditation to help you relax? When I feel anxiety creeping up, yoga or a nice walk outside seems to help.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I don't understand how eating more is going to help you lose weight. Try to focus on what you like about your exercise. Try a trending app for your weight(I use libra). It shows a graph of your weight, goal weight, and trends, so you don't have to focus so much on the daily weight. Do you do any yoga or meditation to help you relax? When I feel anxiety creeping up, yoga or a nice walk outside seems to help.

Check out OPs other thread, I linked it in one of my comments upthread.
  • CortCortK
    CortCortK Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! So I’ve been trying to get rid of my belly fat/love handles since I was probably in 8th grade and I feel like I’ve tried everything, diets, exercises, fads! And nothing has seemed to help. Any suggestions?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    CortCortK wrote: »
    Hi! So I’ve been trying to get rid of my belly fat/love handles since I was probably in 8th grade and I feel like I’ve tried everything, diets, exercises, fads! And nothing has seemed to help. Any suggestions?

start your own thread?
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I’d rather feel miserable and exercise then to feel miserable and not. At least I’m doing something, which exceeds doing nothing.