Airing of Grievances! (Or: what ticked you off today?)

Options
JeepHair77
JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
I have an ant infestation in my CAR. And I keep a clean car. A much, much cleaner car than average. I vacuum and dust often and I clean and treat the leather. I don't leave trash in my car and I get onto the other people who DO. This is who I am as a person.

But last week, we were leaving on a trip and our daughter drove us to the airport. I'd been sipping a Coke Zero and in the hullabaloo at the airport drop off, I forgot to bring it with me. It was almost empty, so that shouldn't be a big deal, right? An almost-empty coke zero can in your cupholder for a few days? She picked us up on Monday and I threw the can away when we got home. But Tuesday, I discovered those teeny tiny sugar ants around the console. I squished about 7 or 8 of the little suckers. Cleaned out my car again, put in an ant bait. But I saw another one this morning, so they're still not gone.

This is BS. I know a lot of people that keep messy cars and they've never gotten ants. Shoot, my own husband drives a giant 3rd row SUV and the danged kids leave food back there in the third row all the time that we don't find for weeks. Half-eaten kolaches, candy wrappers, you name it. HE'S never gotten ants. My ex-husband's car always had a million Dr. Pepper bottles floating around in the backseat. HE never got ants. The ants are unfairly targeting me.

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    We used to have toads in our basement all the time. Apparently when they dug the foundation for our house, there were thousands and thousands of toads hopping around in there so they just decided to pour the concrete right on top of them 😣
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    I have a cat infestation.
  • JeepHair77
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    I have an ant infestation in my CAR. And I keep a clean car. A much, much cleaner car than average. I vacuum and dust often and I clean and treat the leather. I don't leave trash in my car and I get onto the other people who DO. This is who I am as a person..

Since when did CAR become a reference to a woman's v-jay?

Joke's on you. I never vacuum that.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    getting mansplained at work by someone new on my team who thinks he knows everything....it was painful listening to him explain to me everything i've been dealing with for the last year...
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    I have an ant infestation in my CAR. And I keep a clean car. A much, much cleaner car than average. I vacuum and dust often and I clean and treat the leather. I don't leave trash in my car and I get onto the other people who DO. This is who I am as a person..

Since when did CAR become a reference to a woman's v-jay?

Oh, you’re missing out
  • BrSpiritus
    BrSpiritus Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Bare floor? Swiffer maybe?
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Where do I start?

We had a Major plumbing issue in our home. The solution: Re-pipe the entire house

That means, ripping out huge sections of drywall and routing new water lines everywhere. That is, all the bathrooms, kitchen, laundry, new water heater, new R.O. etc. etc. (not a cheap date either).

This will ultimately lead to new dry wall and paint throughout the entire home and also the remodeling of a bathroom and a new master bedroom addition.... probably another garage too.

..... also yesterday, I had our roof repaired. good timing too, because yesterday we had a storm of Biblical proportions.

The garage roof had a leak (thank God not the house itself) and we had a micro burst that uprooted one of our trees.

The tree is (was) about 20 feet tall. the same micro burst took out one neighbor's palo verde tree & flag pole and another neighbor's block wall came tumbling down.

This is the most I’ve ever seen you say at one time
  • BrSpiritus
    BrSpiritus Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have a chipmunk infestation.

.22LR they make great target practice
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Where do I start?

We had a Major plumbing issue in our home. The solution: Re-pipe the entire house

That means, ripping out huge sections of drywall and routing new water lines everywhere. That is, all the bathrooms, kitchen, laundry, new water heater, new R.O. etc. etc. (not a cheap date either).

This will ultimately lead to new dry wall and paint throughout the entire home and also the remodeling of a bathroom and a new master bedroom addition.... probably another garage too.

..... also yesterday, I had our roof repaired. good timing too, because yesterday we had a storm of Biblical proportions.

The garage roof had a leak (thank God not the house itself) and we had a micro burst that uprooted one of our trees.

The tree is (was) about 20 feet tall. the same micro burst took out one neighbor's palo verde tree & flag pole and another neighbor's block wall came tumbling down.

.... and not a single semicolon either!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I have a chipmunk infestation.

that's kinda hot.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Where do I start?

.... and not a single semicolon either!

You don’t seem like the semi type. All colon all the way
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Where do I start?

Last year my washer flooded the top floor. Because of it raining down onto the main floor i had to have sheet rock and trim replaced. My grievance is if i didnt run around with pots, pans. And towels moping up all the water....insurance would have paid for new hardwoods. :/
  • JeepHair77
    Options
    Where do I start?

I agree and it was actual information, not sarcasm...left me speechless...THIS right here is what FESTIVUS is all about!!!

It's so beautiful! (Where's that .gif?)