MINI GOAL ONE WEEK CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Check-in for day #1 of my week (Sunday):

No eating after getting into bed = GOT UP AND ATE PRETZELS :sad: Pretzels are not as bad as what I could have eaten, but it doesn't matter what it is, my goal is to NOT get up. Trying again tonight. Wish me luck:flowerforyou:

MAK, I know you will fight whatever is getting to you today. You are strong and determined and we all have great faith in you :heart:
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    This is a looong post, and some of it might be TMI, I really do not want to offend anyone or over share, I just really need to get this all out there (and maybe explain why I need some extra support today). I won’t be offended if you don’t read this

Ok so here’s the abbreviated version of my day. I woke up at 5:45 to a very horrible smell in my house. Ask the husband if he smells it, he did. Start walking around... maybe the dog left us a "present"? Head to the basement to find the main sewer stack clean out valve cover is wide open. Sewage leaking out and pooling all over the basement floor, and being soaked up by the clothes on the floor waiting to be washed (I was planning on starting laundry this evening). I fear most of the clothes will probably end up being trashed. We spent over 2 hours cleaning and bleaching the floor, and we will have to do it again once the plumber is done. Was going to take the day off, but I remembered there was something I had to come into the office for. So I left the dog and husband at home and came into the office for a half day. My boss is awesome and is super cool when stuff like this comes up, I feel so lucky to have her as a boss. I have the smell stuck in my nose, and I fear I smell… even though I did go to my parents house this morning and was able to take a shower before I came into work (I super duper extra showered even LOL!) We are also trying to do some of the laundry at my parent’s house in hopes we can save some of our clothes.
    The dog hurt his paw pretty bad last night so we have to take him to the vet to make sure he is ok. My brother just let for Florida this morning, he’s off to grad school, and I’m really going to miss him. My other brother is in the military and is not close to home either. I didn’t get my am workout in. Ate a less then ideal breakfast out this morning, with no water at the house so I didn’t want to try and get food prepared, or dirty any dishes. Top it all off with TOM and I’m a MESS.

Maybe not so abbreviated! Thanks for reading this. I will try and check in tonight, but I can’t guarantee I will be able to get on-line tonight. I hope you all have a great day and are working really hard at your mini goals! I will move on from today and we all CAN do this! Thanks for the support you guys really are the best HUGGS!!!!!
  • ilovemyheart
    ilovemyheart Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ohhh, mak_01 i'm sorry to hear your day is going so horribly wrong......... hopfully tomorrow will be a bit of a better day..... on the bright side 2 hrs cleaning is = to 500 calories burned :S and an excuse to go shopping.... not all bad right?? Feel better soon! :smile:
  • marlymarly
    marlymarly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site..And would love to join the one week challenge!

My goal will be to do 30 min cardio each day this week. (I'm giving myself a head start 'cause I already went on a long walk this morning!!)

I see a lot of other good goals (drink more water, no night time munching etc. that I will have to try another week!

Thanks for setting this up!!
  • marlymarly
    marlymarly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    MAK_01 Just read your post. I hope tomorrow is a much better day - Im sure it will be.
  • njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I have been absent that past few days, though I was using my phone to track my food. I spent the night in the ER with my boyfriend. He has a kidney stone. So, I stayed home today to sleep. Had a busy weekend. Went over my calories for a couple of days, but I am not really upset about it. I didn't eat my calories for exercise several days ago, and the two days overage didn't quite add up to that amount. They were special occasions.

Would be at the gym tonight, but schedule is off because of sleeping all day.

My goals for this week: (Tuesday - Monday)

1. Track food every day
    2. Exercise 2-3 days.
    3. Drink 48 oz. of water daily or more.
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    MAK-you poor thing! What a horrible way to start the day:sad:

Hope it got better.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site..And would love to join the one week challenge!

My goal will be to do 30 min cardio each day this week. (I'm giving myself a head start 'cause I already went on a long walk this morning!!)

I see a lot of other good goals (drink more water, no night time munching etc. that I will have to try another week!

Thanks for setting this up!!
    MarlyMarly great to have you join us, always love to see new folks join us and get excited about setting mini goals. I've been with the group a short time but already I felt the love, support and inspiration from minute one when I jumped in a month and some back.

6asmnhy.gif
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I like the idea of a mini challenge....it sounds more achievable.

So here's mine.

1. Only eat bread once this week (monday to sunday). I used to eat nearly a loaf a day and am on my 3rd week of cutting it out. It was hard at first trying to find replacement food but if I fancy some one day I eat it and it doesn't seem such a chore the rest of the week. This is now nearly a habit so not too much of a hardship.
    2. Do 30 day shred everyday. Had the dvd for 3 days and haven't started it yet (with no excuse) but tomorrow (monday) it's going on!

Good luck everyone!
    kezziemc, I so agree somehow mini goals/challenges seem much more do-able and able to be created into a habit. I've found if I make too big of goals it's easy to beat myself up far more often because you don't see the progress as quickly.

Great to have you join us Hon!

ETA: Oh MAK, I'm SO sorry everything has come undone all at once, I do hope you both get some decent sleep tonight to help you get through all this. Adequate sleep seems to help things stay calmer in our heads.

Warm hugs to you Sweet Girl xo
  • shaela123
    Options
    Sounds great! I am in:)

My weekly goals:

Eat healthy
    stay under my calorie
    start excercising-Goal 3 times for at least 20 minutes(of cardiovascular)
  • shaela123
    Options

My weekly goals:

Eat healthy
    stay under my calorie
    start excercising-Goal 3 times for at least 20 minutes(of cardiovascular):drinker:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    well after terrible week, I have to get back to this too. Not sure what goal to set maybe just getting on here every day and getting uplifted by everyone here. 3 workouts this week.
    sounds like a great goal this week Kris, hang around & soak up the support & inspiration and you'll be back on track strong before you know it Hon! :o)

Sunday & Monday Check in:

Somehow I missed sharing my Sunday on the past thread. It was another good food day so that's now 3 in a row and I feel strong and back on track. So easy at times to dip into those simple carbs and slip up and get the craving all over again later in the day or the next day. I grabbed the reins back and feel good & very empowered.

I think on how long it used to take to get back on track and I think we've all had times it wasn't a day or two or a week or two, or even a month or two. That's a great way to identify progress how quickly we catch what we're doing that might not be as healthy as we'd like it to be.

Happy with my Sunday goal out come.

Monday Check - in:

healthy eating all day
    tracked it all in my diary
    great workout today, really feel it now
    good water in take..YAY :):)

I'm extremely tired so the not beating myself up part went pretty well considering I couldn't get a wink of sleep in last night. Not sure what the situation was. But I'm beyond tired now so tonight should be a great nights sleep!

Have a great evening my old and new friends! I'll try and check back in a bit later if my eyes are still open otherwise I'll see you all tomorrow with another great report from each of us I'm sure! ;o)

Any progress from the day before means we're moving forward and getting those goals ingrained well. :o)
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

My weekly goals:

Eat healthy
    stay under my calorie
    start excercising-Goal 3 times for at least 20 minutes(of cardiovascular):drinker:
    Welcome shaela123 great to have yet another new person join in, a wonderful group making excellent changes goal by goal!
  • Nlakshmi
    Nlakshmi Posts: 72
    Options
    Ok today so far I am having a pretty good day. I did more than one hr of exercise and kept it under 1400 so far. My battle is late night snacking...I drank my. Water also...let's see how I do tonight...
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Kris, welcome back!

Heart's Desire-nice job on your goals!

Everyone-wow this thread is popular! We love to support around here, so feel free to join in the fun. All are welcome. Great job to those of you who have checked in.

My progress:

1. Eat heatlhy lunches and learn to pack fun stuff that is healthy. -tomorrow I will see if there is something I can pack. Only a halfday though.
    2. Keep up the water drinking. -so far so good, tomorrow is the first test.
    3. Still get my exercise in. Keep trying turbofire along with my classes while waiting on my weights to come in-did HIIT 15/Stretch 10 today. Actually almost enjoyed it. Yes I modify it, but I think eventually I will get there.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    so sweating my butt off to complete W1D1 but I did it and felt good after getting off the tredmill
    3 mph walk and 5 mph run. 2 miles in 34 mins.
    So excited to get some support for this!! Good job everyone.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Mak unbelievable, so sorry for the mess our basement flooded a few years ago, but it was not sewer our water heater flooded finished basement with 3-5 inches of water had to remove all carpet repaint and buy new furniture.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Kris, welcome back!

Heart's Desire-nice job on your goals!

Everyone-wow this thread is popular! We love to support around here, so feel free to join in the fun. All are welcome. Great job to those of you who have checked in.

My progress:

1. Eat heatlhy lunches and learn to pack fun stuff that is healthy. -tomorrow I will see if there is something I can pack. Only a halfday though.
    2. Keep up the water drinking. -so far so good, tomorrow is the first test.
    3. Still get my exercise in. Keep trying turbofire along with my classes while waiting on my weights to come in-did HIIT 15/Stretch 10 today. Actually almost enjoyed it. Yes I modify it, but I think eventually I will get there.
    Thanks Lady Gloria :o)

KrisPage - nice job today!! :drinker:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Monday Check in:

Got a good day in today, I feel good about that!
    Plenty of water
    Great cardio day
    logged everything and made good choices

Off to bed, didn't sleep a wink last night so gotta gotta gotta get some catch up Zzzz's in tonight! :yawn:

Ah...good goal for me to add next week but I'll begin practicing it this week. :blushing: :laugh: Getting in bed a decent time and get my sleep pattern back, I do so much better when I crawl under the covers the same time each night. Been awhile though since I've been on a good sleep schedule so like I said, I'll be practicing this week to add the goal for next. :tongue:

ETA: Too funny!:laugh: :laugh: I guess I already did todays check in earlier. See! Told you all I was sleep deprived. :wink: :blushing:
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Monday night check in:
    1) logged everything!
    2) sodium no more than 200 over--it was at +316, but getting closer
    3) did 60 min of swimming but followed with a filling low cal dinner so I didn't over (or under) eat for the day!

Congrats to everyone for getting through the day, especially the tough ones. Hugs & Love to the Mini-Goal Challenge Family!!