losing 100+ pounds

Options
Hi, I'm just wondering if people on here are looking to loose 100+ pounds
I would share my stats but I'm afraid ):
So, anyone? I've only lost 4 pounds so far, but I want to lose 12 pounds until my next goal weight, and then I want to loose another 80 pounds
anyone else in the same situation? maybe we can help each other out! (:

EDIT:
OH! And I want to lose 20-30 pounds before Halloween, do you think that's possible?

Replies

• AmazingStace
    AmazingStace Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I started 2 weeks ago at 298. My GW is 160. Feel free to add me as a friend. We CAN do this!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20. Still have 90+ to go.
  • shelvyparedes
    Options
    I'm on the same boat and would love to be there to support you :)
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I wanna lose about 40.... we can all use the support :) feel free to add me ... Im sure we can all me an inspiration
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i need to lose 100 plus add me if u like. :~)
  • rodaviarocket
    Options
    hi im mike everything is possible as long as you have your goal to achieve. :smile:
  • PowerEqualsStrengthOverTime
    Options
    I need...sigh...to lose 245. I'm 15 lbs into that, and it'll be a long road, but a very, very worthwhile road! Good thing I'm tall so it's not AS obvious how much I need to lose.
  • pizzygirltx
    Options
    I started at 254 and am at 235. goal of 150. Feel free to add me!
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100. Add me if you have any questions. I started exactly where you are. I was 285 pounds and not active at all. Hated to sweat. I've lost 100 pounds, I'm a size 12. I'm in excellent shape. I've biked 228 miles so far this month. It is possible and you CAN do it.
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Consider joining us. Our August Challenge has been phenomenal with tremendous results.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/317595-september-tribal-challenge-1000-people-5000-pounds
  • boffo
    boffo Posts: 22
    Options
    started at 370. ending at 230. about halfway there.
  • Aleciajones
    Options
    I am a recent join as well, started at 295 and checked this morning-292. I'm determined to get this done once and for all. I'm working on getting myself addicted to the euphoria of excercising rather than eating. My goal weight is around 140 which is above the 'healthy' weight for my height but I can adjust once I'm there.
    20-30 before halloween is completely possible but you have to want it and work for it.
  • rodaviarocket
    Options
    have a great day :smile:
  • KatyRing
    KatyRing Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    my ultimate goal is to lose 120lbs.. i've lost 68 so far.
  • ruelman83
    ruelman83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I'm new to this website and am hoping that this site will help me stay on track! I'm looking for people to "friend" me, so I can have a great support group! My ultimate goal is yes, to lose 100+ lbs. Today is day 1 of my new "lifestyle change". So I'm hoping people out there can help me do this! I'll support you also! My current weight is 238.5 and my 1st goal is to get down to 200. I know I can do this! Just want support! :)
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am with you! I have another 80 lbs that I would like to lose, and I would really love to be down at least 20 more by halloween. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • pandrux
    pandrux Posts: 2
    Options
    I started a doctor supervised weight loss in February, weighing in at 331lbs. Over the course of this program I've lost 85lbs, with another 40 to go to reach my goal weight.

Losing large amounts of weight is completely doable, and now that I've lost the 85lbs life is so much different than before! I'm really enjoying my new lease on life.

Do your weight loss in small chunks of weight at a time, otherwise you'll choke on the effort. My clinic set weight loss goals in the form of 10% of body weight in 5 weeks. So first goal was to lose 33lbs, then 30lbs, followed by 27lbs, etc. My Doc's advice was just remember, "Given enough time you can move a mountain one bucket at a time."

Good luck! Losing a 100lbs will definitely change your life, it has for me.

-Tom
  • mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28 in two months. Want to lose a total of 166...
  • emereyda
    emereyda Posts: 22
    Options
    I want to lose 125 pounds, started 7 weeks ago and already lost 31 pounds ;) 94 to go! :)
  • mangy123
    Options
    I started my diet on Feb. 9, 2011 at 242 lbs. as of right now I am at 179 lbs. so it is possible...my best advice to you is limit your carbs (I eat 25 grams or less a day), and drink lots and lots of water.