How on earth did I do this?!

Options
Just geeked out over my food diary today. I NEVER thought I'd be able to change my eating habits so well. I honestly don't even miss the junk food! I find I'm craving fruit and vegetables now instead of crackers and pretzels. I don't even want candy! I now drool over the produce section at the supermarket rather than prepared foods and empty carbs. Cooking has almost become fun, too! I've become more creative with meals, and since I started cooking at home, I have saved so much money. Just wanted to give myself a little pat on the back :) GO ME!

Replies

• dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :happy:
  • gloryrest
    gloryrest Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Thank you! I needed to read this. Very encouraging. I'm so proud of you!!!
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I make my food diary available to friends, so feel free to add me!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Fantastic commitment. It's all fun and games until you wake up skinny.
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    I make my food diary available to friends, so feel free to add me!

Just did! I need motivation... Especially during "TTOTM". I eat horribly because I'm bloated and depressed.
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    Fantastic commitment. It's all fun and games until you wake up skinny.

lmao
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    You know what you sound like? A person who is destined for a great success story!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm still not on board w/ the liking to cook thing, but I'm awfully impressed by people who do! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    That is awesome!:flowerforyou:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! :happy:
  • snusp
    snusp Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    So cool! Hope I'll get there, too!
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Having a similar experience myself. Also cut down dramatically on booze and not missing that either. Really enjoying having all that extra energy too.

Slán
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I feel the EXACT same way! I never thought I'd enjoy running, working out, eating healthy or NOT miss chocolate and mountain dew (no, not combined :tongue:)! Being healthy and full of energy (most of the time) is soo much better than always feeling tired and regretful of what I just ate.

Keep up the amazing work! :happy:
  • jodieh06
    jodieh06 Posts: 49
    Options
    yay you! ;D love this.
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Great news!! I bet you feel better eating & craving the good stuff; keep it up & off!
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'll admit, my weaknesses are Red Bull (sugar free of course!) and Pop Chips. I've totally cut out soda (minus a few diet cokes and vodkas last night...), candy, and late night snacking. Using this site has really made me confront my demons and be totally honest with myself. When I looked back on older posts, I am disgusted with how I was eating! Now I'm taking responsibility for what I'm putting in my body and I understand that it is no one's fault but MY OWN that I gained the weight, and it's totally up to me and my choices to get rid of it.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    yay!! I experienced something similar when I went vegetarian--I craved meat and most processed foods less and less, and craved raw fruits and veggies more. congrats on the change!!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Right on! I'm going to add you to get more food ideas. I'm still working on the sugar cravings myself, but I'm always looking for new ways to do veggies. :)
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you. I can't wait to get there, too! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same, this website has totally changed how I think about food. Now I cook most meals from scratch, buy good quality ingredients and get really excited about that I eat. Go US!