Help im stuck..

Options
Hi all.. so ive been a member of MFP since 2015 after my 1st pregnancy got to 140lbs and had my 2nd baby 10mnths ago. My current weight n height is 5'4" 137lbs.. my goal is 130lbs i was so close i was at 133lbs and had a family wedding a few weeks ago so the scales shot up to 138lbs now i thought no problem water weight etc so started back at my defecit 4 weeks ago n the scales are not budging staying between 138-137lbs im getting very annoyed this has never happened before so im moving more weighing everything that i eat n meausuring liquids what gives.. usually after a blow out weekend id put up a few pounds but its gone in a week but four weeks later n im still fighting to get lower than 137lbs am i being too impatient or whays going on.. please help losing motivation..TIA

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you just need to be patient and consistent.

i have similar stat, and the last few pounds are sloooooow to budge. throw in a bit of booze, hormonal bloating, a tiny bit more sodium than normal and the scales just wont play ball for weeks on end!
  • Mikkamoo12
    Mikkamoo12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    you just need to be patient and consistent.

i have similar stat, and the last few pounds are sloooooow to budge. throw in a bit of booze, hormonal bloating, a tiny bit more sodium than normal and the scales just wont play ball for weeks on end!

Thank for your reply its very frustrating n so hard to stay on track when the scales aren't moving.. just have to keep going and hope it will move soon.
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you on this. Doing everything right and scale not going anywhere but up.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,030 Member
    Options
    Maintenance is a long game.

It's never "done."

You are already at a healthy weight.

It took me nine months to lose the last 15. It's slow going for women especially of child-bearing age, our bodies want a bit of fat as a hedge should pregnancy occur.

Just keep doing the right things, it will happen.

Are you logging all your food? Exercise? Using a food scale? Preparing most of your meals at home? I had to be really disciplined about that.
  • mrsjen1310
    mrsjen1310 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I suffer from the same after blow outs, for me my digestion gets VERY upset over too much sugar and booze, I then get low level constipation and high water retention (up to 8 pounds worth) which sometimes takes me weeks to shift. I've started taking digestive enzymes and acidophilus tablets and it seems to keep digestion happier and water weight lower. Big hugs, its very dispiriting when a few days blow out can take weeks to reverse. I came back from a week in Italy 10 pounds higher, 3 days later it was down to 2 pounds higher, I felt like a stuffed sausage! I feel your pain!
  • Mikkamoo12
    Options
    Maintenance is a long game.

It's never "done."

You are already at a healthy weight.

It took me nine months to lose the last 15. It's slow going for women especially of child-bearing age, our bodies want a bit of fat as a hedge should pregnancy occur.

Just keep doing the right things, it will happen.

Are you logging all your food? Exercise? Using a food scale? Preparing most of your meals at home? I had to be really disciplined about that.

Yup logging every bite also use a fitbit synced up to MFP cook all my meals at home with my foodscale its very frustrating.. but like you said maintenance is never really done.. it def gets harder after babies my body has changed so much i was never overweight until i had my babies but also never had to watch my eating but now i eat a burger n i get a gain from it.. thanks for your reply.
  • JoySwift1
    JoySwift1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I find that I can have a time of no shift for a week or so and then a sudden drop. So keep persevering
  • Mikkamoo12
    Options
    mrsjen1310 wrote: »
    I suffer from the same after blow outs, for me my digestion gets VERY upset over too much sugar and booze, I then get low level constipation and high water retention (up to 8 pounds worth) which sometimes takes me weeks to shift. I've started taking digestive enzymes and acidophilus tablets and it seems to keep digestion happier and water weight lower. Big hugs, its very dispiriting when a few days blow out can take weeks to reverse. I came back from a week in Italy 10 pounds higher, 3 days later it was down to 2 pounds higher, I felt like a stuffed sausage! I feel your pain!

Thank you i also suffer alot of constipation doctor prescribed movocol for 3mnths but to be honest dont find it helping much(sigh) hopefully ill have a loss soon..
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    also know that weight fluctuates often and you are not one static weight. we have a weight range. for some it may be 5 lbs for others it could bea little more or a little less. so you are not going to weigh 130lbs all the time you can have a swing of x amount of lbs higher or lower. if you were at 133 then you were most likely in your weight range.