Feeling discouraged...

Options
On this journey, I’ve felt many emotions. Most days, I feel empowered, proud, and happy, because I’ve done so good and have gotten this far (7 months this month).

Today, I am feeling discouraged. I feel like I am not doing good enough. I feel like the weight won’t leave my body. I feel like I can’t continue because I’m not losing weight, so what is the point...

How do you get the mojo back to continue? I know I need to keep going, but today is just one of those days where I’m like... is it even worth it?!?

Replies

• khlokins
    khlokins Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I try to remind myself, that all my weight didn't come on in one day.. and it's not going to come off that way either.

I feel like this all the time. I get frustrated when I feel like I've done so good, just for the scale or my measurements to just not match up with what I was working so hard for.

But it's not hopeless. Have patience with your body and treat it with respect. You know if what you're doing for your body is right or wrong, i.e. logging less food than you actually had, logging workouts you didn't actually do for workout calories etc. Not saying you do any of the examples, I'm just saying that your body will always keep an accurate log for you, regardless of what you enter.

Unless you have a health problem that prevents weight loss, you just need to have patience with your body, and nurture it. It will see to it that you are taken care of as well. (:

Chin up!
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I didn’t lose any weight this week. But also I didn’t gain any either! Going to eat well this week, continue to work out and at least at the end of this week I’m fitter and stronger than I was last week
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    You have you remember that it's a marathon, not a sprint. You will fluctuate up & down on a daily basis, but if your weight is trending downward, it's all good.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    On this journey, I’ve felt many emotions. Most days, I feel empowered, proud, and happy, because I’ve done so good and have gotten this far (7 months this month).

Today, I am feeling discouraged. I feel like I am not doing good enough. I feel like the weight won’t leave my body. I feel like I can’t continue because I’m not losing weight, so what is the point...

How do you get the mojo back to continue? I know I need to keep going, but today is just one of those days where I’m like... is it even worth it?!?

I've NOT once allowed those who were all too happy with where I was, just that once, an iota of satisfaction. I stuck to my programme, hail or heat wave, early morning or after sundown.

To keep going is our primary purpose here on myfitnesspal. Recommend you find one of those online scrapbooking sites, to develop your Motivation Board.
    • Where you are now from your perspective and by interpretation - physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, spiritually
    • Your goals
    • Your inspirations (Why are you doing this for yourself? Your primary benefits - how would you define it?)
    • The good (identify the blessings in your life)

ETA: Stay focused!
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You've worked hard to get the right mindset, to make healthy choices, to believe in yourself. You've stayed with it 7 months, so it's becoming a way of life now. And your body just isn't in sync with how you're thinking. Of course your're discouraged! This may be a time to go on autopilot...do what you've been doing, trust the process and let this moment pass. Or, go into a maintenance period...don't look for loss, just look to stay where you are for a period of time. Not gaining is definitely part of the goal of achieving a healthy body. Practice it!

Just don't give up.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

This is me too, for the past month, I haven't gained any back but I haven't lost either. Thank you for posting the replies are really helpful, I hope they can get you back on it.

• Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options

It's easy to get discouraged. I feel for you. Try focusing on something other than the weight, its really only one marker in an overall set (health, state of mind, toning up, clothes fitting better, etc. etc.) that one can focus on. You might find new reasons why it's worth it and then the weight will only be one part of that set of reasons.

On the days when I feel most discouraged or don't want to continue I just focus on my routine and power through it, typically I feel better after a workout that I didn't want to do. I try to think of those times when I am resistant to my path are the days I probably need to workout or meditate the most and those tend to be the most rewarding days I look back on.

7 months is quite an accomplishment and I am sure you feel better than when you did at the start, try 7 months more and you will probably feel even better and more accomplished. Give yourself time and space, its OK to be discouraged it just naturally happens in any endeavor. Empower yourself to move past it and then you can look back and be happy you didn't give up and it will be worth it. Before you know it you won't be saying "I need to keep going" but saying "I want to keep going"