Day 1 of counting calories, it’s hell..

Sugar is life!! I have had 1 soda today and I’m already over my 60grams of sugar. I normally drink like 6. Probably the reason I’m 20lbs over weight..lol, does anyone have a good replacement for soda?

Replies

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 652 Member
    Honestly, it starts feeling a lot easier after a few days. Just stay committed.
  • AMIE2881
    AMIE2881 Posts: 7 Member
    I broke down and I’m drinking another..lol, it’s not worth the caffeine headache. I just know myself, Pepsi is my crack. It’s a slippery slope. Sounds dumb but it’s hard for me.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    I've lost weight drinking diet soda. Give it a try 😊, then you can enjoy your drink without the calories.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    It will take a few days to break the habit. Don’t stress if you go over your calorie goal a few days while you are learning how many calories are in your regular diet. You can make lower calorie substitutes one st a time. Drink lots of water too. I like to add a lime wedge to my water for extra flavor.
  • Kim_S_G
    Kim_S_G Posts: 120 Member
    AMIE2881 wrote: »
    Diet soda is suppose to be bad and can up your appitite I hear. I don’t need to watch my sugar I’m just trying to go off what the app says. I just figerd that’s why my weight is up?? Empty calories in all the soda I drink. I don’t diet very well. Rather workout and eat whatever I want. Just slack on working out so long it caught up to me.😔

As long as you meet your calorie goal, you will lose weight. I never pay attention to how much sugar I get.

According to Google (don't take this as gospel), 6 cans of Coke are about 840 calories. That is a lot of calories for drinks, in my opinion. Maybe you can cut back on that a little at a time and find other places in your diet to cut back on calories.
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    I switched to diet soda then iced tea. I do have regular coke even now and then. Nothing tastes better than a fountain coca cola. Good luck and keep at it.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    AMIE2881 wrote: »
    I broke down and I’m drinking another..lol, it’s not worth the caffeine headache. I just know myself, Pepsi is my crack. It’s a slippery slope. Sounds dumb but it’s hard for me.

Doesn't sound dumb to me. My crack was Coke. The soft drink of course. 5 cans a day on average. The full sugar stuff. I would eat salty snacks just to have something that would make it even better. When I decided to change my life and count calories, I just cut back. Then cut back a little more, and then a little more. But never completely. Lost my weight while tracking calories. Then when there was enough room to enjoy one a time to two per week, I did. And still do.

In the meantime, since I do like sweeter drinks, I use the water-additives. Quite a bit more than recommended probably, but I fill my 24 ounce Yeti (style) cup with ice, water and 7-8 quick shots (probably 3 times more than recommended), and my water tastes sweet like Kool-Aid. It's not Coke, but it's sweet - and easy on the calorie budget. And definitely satisfies my own personnel need for sweeter drinks.