Fitbit not syncing with app

Options
1235»

Replies

• dellabeth
    dellabeth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok so I logged in yesterday and had a great work out on my lunch. The extra steps and calories never showed. Then when I sync this morning it synced my workout this morning, but not my workout from yesterday in the history. Is it never going to show up? It showed up on the fitbit dashboard. This makes me want to ditch fitness pal and only use fit bit.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    dellabeth wrote: »
    Ok so I logged in yesterday and had a great work out on my lunch. The extra steps and calories never showed. Then when I sync this morning it synced my workout this morning, but not my workout from yesterday in the history. Is it never going to show up? It showed up on the fitbit dashboard. This makes me want to ditch fitness pal and only use fit bit.

In the past when there have been interruptions, my data has always "caught up" once it is restored. MFP warns this may not be the case and that some people may not see past day information catch up. This has never happened to me, but it's a possibility.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Ok so you can see how many calories you have burned on the Fitbit app. Why not just do your own math. I guess I just don’t understand why this is such a terrible tragedy.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Ok so you can see how many calories you have burned on the Fitbit app. Why not just do your own math. I guess I just don’t understand why this is such a terrible tragedy.

Im manually adding all mine. it shows right on the fitbit app how many minutes you are active and what your burned. so its not that hard to go into mfp and find the right exercise and add it. or heck they can use their fitbit app to add food and exercise and unsync in with MFP and still have the info they need. it doesnt need to be synced.some dont even sync their fitbit with MFP because they say its more accurate(for them) using the fitbit app only.
  • lwright3768
    lwright3768 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here. Will sync once but that’s it. I found that if I login to the desktop version and remove and then put back in the Fitbit app it will sync again once more but there’s no way I can do that every time! Please fix this.
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yeah, mine isn't either. It syncs once in the am and that is it.
  • dreannadw
    dreannadw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hate to say that I'm glad that y'all are having this problem but it makes me feel better because for the last 2 hours I've been trying everything to get them to re-connect. This sucks MFP!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    dreannadw wrote: »
    I hate to say that I'm glad that y'all are having this problem but it makes me feel better because for the last 2 hours I've been trying everything to get them to re-connect. This sucks MFP!

they said to not unsync and then resync them as it causing a longer wait time to get it back to working because they have to then sync additional info
  • iloveboysthtsparkle88
    iloveboysthtsparkle88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same here! Works ok during the day but doesn’t log my final steps for the day. It was working like a charm before this. Now the last few days it’s acting up. If I didn’t have all my recipes added already I’d be switching to another app.
  • mylifetao
    mylifetao Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hasn’t synced in days. Disconnected synced once now not working again. I hope they get this fixed and soon. Very annoying
  • coffingurl
    coffingurl Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Im manually adding all mine. it shows right on the fitbit app how many minutes you are active and what your burned. so its not that hard to go into mfp and find the right exercise and add it. or heck they can use their fitbit app to add food and exercise and unsync in with MFP and still have the info they need. it doesnt need to be synced.some dont even sync their fitbit with MFP because they say its more accurate(for them) using the fitbit app only.

I fou d using Fitbit very non-user friendly in calculating your intake. It does t calculate it the same way and when I look at MFP and compare to Fitbit, it always has me over my calories for the day, yet um way under for mfp
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    coffingurl wrote: »

I fou d using Fitbit very non-user friendly in calculating your intake. It does t calculate it the same way and when I look at MFP and compare to Fitbit, it always has me over my calories for the day, yet um way under for mfp

because fitbit doesnt use the NEAT method and MFP does. you can set your own calorie goal in fitbit too you dont have to go with what it gives you. I have done that in the past and not had issues losing weight. fitbit probably counts your exercise calories where MFP doesnt. Im sure thats the difference.
  • Stellamom2018
    Stellamom2018 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Can anyone explain why I'm set at 1440 cals and my fitbit is saying I burned an extra 1200 calories, meaning I should be eating 2600 calories? On fitbit it says I've burned 2800 cals today and with my 1000 cal deficit shouldn't I eat less then 1800?

Did I do something wrong? Why is it showing so many extra calories on mfp?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Can anyone explain why I'm set at 1440 cals and my fitbit is saying I burned an extra 1200 calories, meaning I should be eating 2600 calories? On fitbit it says I've burned 2800 cals today and with my 1000 cal deficit shouldn't I eat less then 1800?

because its not just calories you burned from exercise showing that also includes what your body burns by being alive if you wear it 24/7. or did you burn just 1200 from exercise and if so what did you do and for how long? my fitbit says I burned 2300 calories today total but that includes my BMR(what I burn just to stay alive). I burn 700-800 while Im asleep and the rest I burn by being alive and my exercise,daily activities,etc.
  • Stellamom2018
    Options

because its not just calories you burned from exercise showing that also includes what your body burns by being alive if you wear it 24/7. or did you burn just 1200 from exercise and if so what did you do and for how long? my fitbit says I burned 2300 calories today total but that includes my BMR(what I burn just to stay alive). I burn 700-800 while Im asleep and the rest I burn by being alive and my exercise,daily activities,etc.

I did exercise today, a cross trainer but only for 30 minutes and my burn from that was 311 calories. I only had 8500 steps in, where I usually get about 12000-15000.

There is no way I could eat 2300 calories and lose weight. Are you saying that the sync is right and that's how much it's actually telling me to eat?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

I did exercise today, a cross trainer but only for 30 minutes and my burn from that was 311 calories. I only had 8500 steps in, where I usually get about 12000-15000.

There is no way I could eat 2300 calories and lose weight. Are you saying that the sync is right and that's how much it's actually telling me to eat?

are you getting the calorie burn from the machine or the fitbit? and no thats not what Im saying. if you burned 311 from exercise and 8500 steps is maybe 300-400 calories? depending on your height and weight. that means you had maybe an extra 600-700 calories from exercise if correct. .

heres the thing. if fitbit says you burned 2800 calories that included not only your exercise calories but also includes your BMR. did you manually enter your exercise into MFP since its not syncing? it will tell you on the fitbit app what exercises you did and how long and how much you burned. you dont take the total amount of calories burned you need to know what your exercise calories are and add those onto the 1440. so that would be 1440+600 =2040 if you eat them all back. if you eat back half which is 300 calories it would be 1740 calories you need to eat. you can try and eat back your exercise calories only and give it awhile and see if you still lose or you can eat back 50-75% and try that and see if you lose weight.

your calorie goal is 1440 and you set it to lose 2 lbs a week(1000 calorie deficit) that means that to maintain your current weight your TDEE is 2440 calories.
  • Stellamom2018
    Options

are you getting the calorie burn from the machine or the fitbit? and no thats not what Im saying. if you burned 311 from exercise and 8500 steps is maybe 300-400 calories? depending on your height and weight. that means you had maybe an extra 600-700 calories from exercise if correct. .

heres the thing. if fitbit says you burned 2800 calories that included not only your exercise calories but also includes your BMR. did you manually enter your exercise into MFP since its not syncing? it will tell you on the fitbit app what exercises you did and how long and how much you burned. you dont take the total amount of calories burned you need to know what your exercise calories are and add those onto the 1440. so that would be 1440+600 =2040 if you eat them all back. if you eat back half which is 300 calories it would be 1740 calories you need to eat. you can try and eat back your exercise calories only and give it awhile and see if you still lose or you can eat back 50-75% and try that and see if you lose weight.

your calorie goal is 1440 and you set it to lose 2 lbs a week(1000 calorie deficit) that means that to maintain your current weight your TDEE is 2440 calories.

That 311 was what my fitbit said I burned during the exercise. The machine said like 280 or something similar.

They are syncing now, but the burn or "added" calories seem so much. It seems like I'm getting an additional 600+ calories on days I'm getting 8000+ steps in, workout or no. So if I would eat back half of those, that means I would approx be eating 1800ish calories a day after exercise and steps. And those 1800 would supposedly still be giving me my 1000 calorie deficit? I am 5'2 and 197lb and 27 years old, female.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

That 311 was what my fitbit said I burned during the exercise. The machine said like 280 or something similar.

They are syncing now, but the burn or "added" calories seem so much. It seems like I'm getting an additional 600+ calories on days I'm getting 8000+ steps in, workout or no. So if I would eat back half of those, that means I would approx be eating 1800ish calories a day after exercise and steps. And those 1800 would supposedly still be giving me my 1000 calorie deficit? I am 5'2 and 197lb and 27 years old, female.

yes, walking would be about 200-300 calories for about every 5000 steps or so. maybe a bit less. so 311 for the machine and an additional 400 or so for the steps for today.its possible to burn over 600 calories walking more than 10k steps. and yes those 1800 if its syncing still includes your deficit if you are using mfp to calculate calories. eat half back and see where you are in a month if not losing or losing slower then cut it down a 100 calories or so. if losing to fast eat back more.
  • Stellamom2018
    Options

yes, walking would be about 200-300 calories for about every 5000 steps or so. maybe a bit less. so 311 for the machine and an additional 400 or so for the steps for today.its possible to burn over 600 calories walking more than 10k steps. and yes those 1800 if its syncing still includes your deficit if you are using mfp to calculate calories. eat half back and see where you are in a month if not losing or losing slower then cut it down a 100 calories or so. if losing to fast eat back more.

I appreciate you dealing with my questions! Thank you!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

I appreciate you dealing with my questions! Thank you!

no problem. i learned a lot here by people helping me with my questions.