Have you done the Joe Wicks Body Coach 90 day plan? If so please help!

Options
Hi all,

I am looking for help from only people who have followed the 90 day plan.

I have struggled with weight for a long time due to suffering with severe PCOS and to lose weight I generally end up on 1000 calories which works for a while then stops working so I need something extra... something proven to work! I was lucky enough to have successful fertility treatment and now have a 14 month old. I want to be a good role model to her and feel that being over weight, unfit and currently high risk of diabetes I need to sort myself out.

I know there are posts like this on here but the only responses I see are people commenting with "be in calorie defecit" which is fine but I know this and it's not working for me because of the lack of food makes it very difficult.

So please I need advice from people who have done the plan only or know people who have.

I am concerned about how much it's going to cost me in food and need some rough idea before I pay for the plan. I know it's going to cost me more money than my standard diet and I don't mind that and although I'm certainly doing ok for money I have a house that needs repairs so don't want to be spending the big bucks!

If anyone can advise on roughgly how much they spent on food per week or month I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    That diet you need info on is harder to do than just eating food you like to eat.
  • ZoeLHart
    ZoeLHart Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you are right but I'm just trying to find an answer to a question and as I haven't not been able to find a reasonable answer through google search I'm sure there must be 1 or 2 people here who have done it.

• ZoeLHart
    Options
    That diet you need info on is harder to do than just eating food you like to eat.

I'm sorry but this doesn't answer my question.

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have tried juicing and wanted to chew my arm off. It's not sustainable. Best wishes <3
  • ZoeLHart
    Options
    I 've done it and please don't waste your money.
    Buy his books and use recipes but work out calories in MFP his plan was such a waste of time and money.

I 've spent all the time in the kitchen trying to prep food he sells it as "easy, no calorie counting " but instead you spend 5 hours trying to prepare recipe with exact amounts of 132g green beens,21g onion,33g egg whites...Im not even joking...and yea sure as hell is expensive.

It's way to complicated and over regimented and paid plan is completely different from his books.
    And all the fasted cardio and working your *kitten* off for that bagel.

I'm a Mum too, I 've been yo yoing for years but there's no need to complicate losing weight anymore than it should be
    If you really like his recipes use his books or do his workouts and incorporate in your everyday .

I am losing weight now just with MFP no magic potions,my little girl works out with me and it takes me 5 min to log my food instead of 5 hours.

Thanks for your honest response, I do understand how much work plan is and I know it's complicated but I can't be left to do things myself as it just doesn't happen. I need to be told what to do and when which is why I like the idea of doing it! You certainly have given me something to think about with your advice though so thank you
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am just another person who hasn't tried it responding when I should keep my nose out but:

I have been watching his series on TV and basically he just shows people how to cook healthy food in correct portions and gives them an exercise plan. His clients lost weight on his plan because they were in a calorie deficit due to changing how they ate, what they ate and burning calories through exercise.

It is not a fad diet it is just a healthy eating plan so no reason for anyone to advise you against it. So no reason not to try it the support and advice may make the difference for you.

However my question would be what happens if you use the plan and don't lose on it due to your PCOS? I am not sure if they could tailor the plan for someone with that issue. Maybe see if you can get some advice regarding this from them before purchasing the plan.

I hope you find a way that helps you to lose without starving that must suck big style. You could post for people asking how others with PCOS have managed to do it, I am sure there are many MFP'rs with the same issue.

One good reason not to try it is that the money could be used for house repairs (which OP shared she needed). If the plan is basically cooking nutrient-rich food in portions appropriate for weight loss and doing some exercise, why does that require paying someone else?

I understand OP's argument that she doesn't want to make her own food plan. In that case, there are many free food plans online that involve nutrient-rich foods that can be served in portions appropriate for weight loss.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    @Janejellyroll I agree that OP could do it herself and not pay for it. But she was asking specifically about Joe Wickes an I had seen his TV series. So I just stuck my 2cents in.

<Withdraws 2cents and silently slips away>
  • 0426Jamie
    0426Jamie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If a calorie deficit isn't working, I would suggest speaking to a doctor about it. There are other types of dieting that can help. For instance, I have heard of Keto doing great things for people with PCOS.

And you can definitely find meal plans that are cheaper than this guy. For instance, Emeals gives you a years worth of menus for $60...and you can usually find a groupon to make it even cheaper.

If the comments from actual users that are negative don't deter you, then you might just have yourself set on doing it...and if that's the case, then just do it. I doubt you are going to find any of the people who like the program here on MFP, as they would have no need for it.

Good luck.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,969 Member
    Options
    So, does this program sell you the prepared food (in which case the people selling you the stuff should be able to tell you what it costs), or do they give you meal plans and recipes and you buy the food yourself at the grocery store (in which case you need to tell us where you live and where you shop and hope somebody comes along who has done this program who lives and shops in the same place you do, because food costs vary a great deal from one area to another).

Unless the plan prescribes very specific, costly stuff like grass-feed beef, lobster, truffles, etc., I would think how much you spend would depend on your choices, how careful a shopper you are, whether you're willing to compare sales prices, whether you have freezer space to stock up when things are on sale ...
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have done both the old plan and the new plan. None of the plans involve juicing, so I think Tiny_dancer might be referring to something else.
    The new plan does not involve weighing silly amounts of vegetables - they have obviously taken this into account from people's comments on the previous plan. To answer your questions - join the Facebook groups - there are women on there who have PCOS and are having success. The cost of the items on the food plan is quite high to start with if you don't have many of the ingredients already in your store cupboard. People plan ahead and will batch cook some of the meals to freeze and use on other days. If you are a fussy eater then you can use the macros to create your own recipes. It generally involves planning and forethought and you need to factor in time for the workouts, so be mindful, as you have a young baby. As I said, check out the FB groups before you purchase the plan to get an idea of how others are managing. Best of luck :-)
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just one other thought - I worked my macros out using IIFYM and have custom set my targets on MFP. I have added all the recipes and log daily. So far the plan seems to fit with the macro's I received from IIFYM.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I have no experience with this plan (or any plan for that matter), but as a woman with PCOS I know that rigid and temporary plans are the worst. They rarely have any staying power, and we have more to lose than simply not looking slim. We need to be and STAY at a healthy weight to manage symptoms. It may be hard at first as you learn the ropes, but know that you will not have someone telling you what to do at all times so might as well save your money and focus on learning more about yourself and your eating habits.

P.S: I have PCOS and I've lost over a hundred pounds without having to eat 1000 calories once I learned how to correctly log food and augment my calories with activity.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the plan. My main reason for doing it is i went vegetarian but had no idea what to eat in a healthy way and made myself ill. There is no way i can go back to eating meat so i joined his veggie plan to give me some healthy veggie recipes and its done just that. Although i am struggling with the exercise due to health reasons and i have needed to have tests involving a special diet twice i am loving it. Im in a Facebook group for support which has been fab. Starting again today and much more determined. I am also not finding it that much more expensive. I love it and would recommend it.