leg8 Posts: 49
    Options
    My favorite salad is a dinner meal for me, I could eat it twice a week:

1/2 cup black beans
    2 grilled chicken breast tenders
    2 cups baby spinach
    2 tbsp sour cream
    2 tsp hot sauce

You can add some portabello mushrooms that you sautee in water and seasoning
    cucumber, etc.

It is super filling , low in calories,and it gets my taste buds going with the sour and spicy from the hot sauce, and the creamy from the sour cream.

THAT SOUNDS DELICIOUS! i will have to try that!
  • leg8
    leg8 Posts: 49
    Options
    Also, I love hard boiled eggs on salads!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I love putting this on my salad...

Canned Thai Chile Tuna.... entire can.

OMG. It is the best thing in the world....well my opinion :wink:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    lucky for me my kids love fruits and veggies so we play with it a lot..

try cut oranges and red onion with toasted sesame seeds and rice vinegarette on spinach or greens

strawberries...mmmmmm
    beets, almonds and a little soft goat cheese
    apples and asparagus with a blue cheese dressing (I can post the dressing recipe if wanted)
    tuna salad with dates....no dressing needed
    dried fruit and nuts
    garbanzo beans with toasted pine nuts, feta cheese and cherry tomatoes (theres a dressing for this too) (not usually served on greens but could be tasty)
    beets with chopped almonds or walnuts, a sprinkle of blue cheese and red wine vinegarette
    blueberries / blackberries / raspberries with sweetened red onion and a raspberry vinegarette
    jicama is great in salads, kind of sweet
    chopped tri color bell peppers with dressing of choice or a spicy ranch
    chopped melon with finely chopped mint and a white balsamic dressing

ok, so I guess what I am saying is as far as salads go anything goes!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/2510-festive-spinach-salad?hl=festive+spinach#posts-15956

This is my favorite salad to bring to "pot luck" occasions, and it always garners rave reviews. I think I'm going to have it today.:wink:
  • ltsoccermom
    Options
    I like to find anything low cal or no cal to add into my salads. Any spices you like will work and often I make my own dressing to avoid salt but still have a powerful taste.

I will go with grilled chicken for the meat most of the time and if I am in a sweet mood add apples, bananas, nuts, mandrine oranges, tomatoe, etc. Even if your fruit has a little more calorie you still need to get your fruits in for the day. This is a fun way to help the sweet craving. I have a great Rasberry dressing to put over my sweet salad.

Other times I might feel like tuna and put that on top of lettuce, tomatoe, and any other vegie I can find in the fridg. Basalmic Ving. is usually my favorite here.

I have a pan to bake flour tortillas so I can do a taco salad. The meat I use ground beef adding onion jalapeno garlic then when it is browned I add chili powder and a can of pinto beans and about 2 tbs of salsa. Then I add a serving of taco meat to my bed of lettece in my tortilla bowl and add tomatoes, a little cheedar cheese with a salsa dressing.

Almost always I like a little jalapeno dice mixed in.

There are SO MANY variations of fruits, nuts, vegies to make a HUGE salad and very low calorie. I have been filling up one Salads and not tire of them yet.

Stacy
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite salads ever is a plate of green or romaine lettuce with sliced pears, a few walnuts and a tiny bit of gorgonzola cheese with ff balsamic dressing. The great thing about gorgonzola is that it is crumbly and a little goes a long way as far as flavor goes. Same with walnuts. Just chop up a few and sprinkle them on. It might add a few more calories but will be more filling and be the good kinds of fat your body needs.