The KETO diet

Has anyone tried this and does it actually work? It seems to good to be true to me.

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I've been miserly following it for over three years. I use it to address a couple of health issues, and to help me control my appetite and my weight. For me it works very well. YMMV
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    ctatin1973 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this and does it actually work? It seems to good to be true to me.

All diets work the same way - by creating a calorie deficit. For people who are satiated by fats and won't miss carbs, keto could be a great choice.

h27zjawgvyoy.jpg
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Does it work? Yes, but it truly depends what you are going into it for. I use it to stay off the diabetes meds and it works like nothing else I've tried to major success. My sugars are stable at around 96 which nothing else (including meds) have been able to do in 6 years. I have more energy, better sleep, more endurance for my lifting workouts and I have less fat on my body. In Yoga, I can bend in ways such as wheel pose like I never did before Keto. Will I give all credit to Keto? No, but it deserves a good amount of credit since it helps to control my sugar and that plays into so much other areas of my life. People that are massively overweight have the potential to wake up one day and the scale is 15 pounds less but most of us will see the typical calories deficit losses.

Just a different type of gas you are fueling the engine with. Carbs/sugar vs fat.

• asugar1390
    asugar1390 Posts: 46 Member
    I am trying the plant paradox intensive care part because my husband has a rare neurological disease and it said it can help. It’s also like keto but not as much red meat. I am going to try to do it with him and my son who is overweight who is 22. But it’s hard to make someone else do a diet when they aren’t really in tune with the reasons why etc
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    asugar1390 wrote: »
    I am trying the plant paradox intensive care part because my husband has a rare neurological disease and it said it can help. It’s also like keto but not as much red meat. I am going to try to do it with him and my son who is overweight who is 22. But it’s hard to make someone else do a diet when they aren’t really in tune with the reasons why etc

Who said it can help? The diet website or your doctor?
    Also making someone else go on a diet has a worse chance of success than going on a diet of your own volition, and that's already pretty bad.
  • Messanayah
    Messanayah Posts: 9 Member

I lost 55 pounds, stopped having sezuires, regulated my insulin and other things too so for me its working sofar ive been doing keto since April:)
  • ctatin1973
    ctatin1973 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks all for your replies.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member

It works like any other diet works...if it puts you in a calorie deficit you will lose weight. In the absence of a calorie deficit you won't lose weight regardless of whether or not you're keto.
  • KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member

Work as in for weight loss? If so, often yes. Because it helps certain people indirectly eat less.
    Work medically? Yes. I'm on keto (not for weight loss) and my epilepsy is under much better control. My chronic migraines have significantly reduced as well.