How does MFP compare to Weight Watchers?

Options
bgarrant
bgarrant Posts: 4 Member
I have been trying WW for a while now and while it works OK I have been wanting to try MFP also. How do they compare for Weight Loss? I want to lose about 70lbs overall. I have created my profile and all is setup but looking to hear any success stories. Does it work?

Replies

• gina31love
    gina31love Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've done both and they both work in their own way. I like MFP better because basic plan is free. However I like WW due to meetings, and point system is pretty easy to catch on. As other people said, it's pretty much up to you on what you prefer. I've lost more weight on WW only because i stuck with it longer. But once they changed their point system a few years ago and gave you more "free" foods I didn't loose. So MFP and another free app worked best for me now.
  • kcmkkj
    kcmkkj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ww did not work with me due the free foods nothing is free of calories ever .

I just quit ww freestyle. I only lost the very first week aka “water”. Free doesn’t mean zero calories and even tho I did not overeat. I ate enough of the “free” stuff to stay the same. I couldn’t do it anymore. I felt all over the place. I need the structure straight forward approach. MFP is the best! I’m back to losing weight and excited.
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have had success with both. I lost 56 pounds with WW 7 years ago. Got me eating healthier food, taught me that diets don't work but lifestyle changes do, and gave me a support system at a time when I was really struggling with my weight. When I regained 25 pounds, I started using MFP. It is free, easy to use, and helps me stay very aware of just how many calories I am eating, how well I am exercising, and what works to continue successful weight loss. Down 10 pounds so far since I began at the end of January with 15 to go.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I can't follow someone else's menu plans. The weigh-ins were a mind warp. I felt like I was at the feed lot getting ready to walk down the chute for processing. I dreaded the meetings and weigh-ins. I come from a long line of WW lifers, decades of them. So I opened my eyes and took a good hard look for those who'd reached the zenith, apex and pinnacle of life long maintenance from the top of the heap to the bottom and I walked out the door.
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It’s free, and it doesn’t penalize you for eating fat/carbs.
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Wow great input. I am at the crossroads of deciding between MFP and WW

• jlsmith4439
    jlsmith4439 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    kcmkkj wrote: »
    Ww did not work with me due the free foods nothing is free of calories ever .

I just quit ww freestyle. I only lost the very first week aka “water”. Free doesn’t mean zero calories and even tho I did not overeat. I ate enough of the “free” stuff to stay the same. I couldn’t do it anymore. I felt all over the place. I need the structure straight forward approach. MFP is the best! I’m back to losing weight and excited.

Well done ! Took me 3 months to finally quit ww since I was hoping it work but like you said it’s so easy to mess about with when you eat “ free” stuff . I also used to do sw and lost 5 stone ( 3 back on) but again I started to overeat on “ free” I think MFP is reality and I need that smack In the face from time to time seeing what a pig I can be 😂
  • walking2running
    walking2running Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, MFP is THE Freestyle system for life, without the Woo of zero point foods. Plus, it's free. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!