Low cal juice recipies?

Options
Johnnyswife
Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
My hubby and step daughter got me a juicer out of the blue today!! I had my first glass of carrot/apple juice and enjoyed it...Also got bannannas, peaches, strawberries, and oranges to play with..

Anyone have some recipies they can share that might be on the low cal side? Like less than 200 calories per serving? Also, drinking it put me over my sugars for the day, so should I be worried or is the sugar from fruit okay?

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Anyone???
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    sorry I don't juice but sugars from fruit i think would be better than say HFC syrup but i would still watch sugars because people can still get too much sugars from fruit and can cause gains, can you add any greens to your juice? like spinach or kale? maybe that will help cut calories
  • Rajrand
    Rajrand Posts: 13
    Options
    are you open to using green leafy vegetables with your fruits? Is yes, then i do apple, ginger, celery (2 apples, small piece of ginger and few stalks of celery)

Now sugar from fruits are generally ok.I say generally since i do gain weight when i drink too many of m green juices, so i have drink them in moderation and limit them to once or twice in a week,

You can mix and match any fruit with any leafy vegetables. We use leaves of swiss chard, beet leaves (beet leaves, beets, carrots, green apple and orange)

My wife uses juice of grapefruit, carrots and beets as her natural facial
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    How about google it?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    There are lower calorie fruits out there, like berries or melons, but veg is where it will be for low cal.

Sorry I've no receipes, I always get carried away and make foul green/brown goop