Go keto the ketogenicdiet

Options
Yayyyyy keto folks! Wooho im glad you guys are here, ive had this app since 2014but ive been doing keto since april. Im still kina a newbie here though i usedthe ap before i never really got into it but i wanted to introduce myself. I look forward to learning new things from you guys , this is so exciting! Go keto!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    What is Ketogenicdiet? Mostly asking about the “genic” part of your OP. Is this a new twist?
  • Messanayah
    Messanayah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ty all...im new to the forum..didnt mean to offend anyone:) im just very excited about my weight loss and fitness journey have a great one!:)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    What is Ketogenicdiet? Mostly asking about the “genic” part of your OP. Is this a new twist?

@L1zardQueen Keto has always been short for ketogenic. It's only a "new twist" if you haven't been paying attention before.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Messanayah wrote: »
    Ty all...im new to the forum..didnt mean to offend anyone:) im just very excited about my weight loss and fitness journey have a great one!:)

I doubt anyone is really offended. We see a lot of magical properties ascribed to keto (which you haven't done), that's where it tends to get dicey. I'm glad you're excited. All the best.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

@L1zardQueen Keto has always been short for ketogenic. It's only a "new twist" if you haven't been paying attention before.

Thanks @diannethegeek I googled and yes, I guess I must not have been paying attention. I got the Wikipedia explanation which was interesting. She called it “Ketogenicdiet” and I guess the genic stood out to me. Needz more coffee.

ETA. I love etymology.