Martini diet...WTF

Options
Huge NSV today! I was on vaca for 5 weeks in NH on a lake (I know, I am spoiled) and I drank martini's almost every night. I watched what I ate for the most part and I hiked and kayaked every day. I was worried about stepping on that scale when I got home but I did today and I had lost almost 10 pounds! BLOWN AWAY! I am a true believer now on changing things up and keeping your body guessing. Also in eating 1500 at least a day! No more starving for this girl! I am so happy! In fact I'm going to make myself a Dirty Martini and toast myself tonight! Life is for the living and I love my new healthy way!!!! If I can do this we all can! Keep on keeping on people!

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I would like to try the martini diet. Careful that it doesn't get labled a fad diet though!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Hells yes. Good for you! Sounds like a blast. Gives me hope for my 14-day cruise to Spain next spring! ;D
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Awesome job!.. So jealous of 5 week vacation......
  • hanaibo
    hanaibo Posts: 42
    Options
    Full of win!!!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    lol - I love martini's!!! I too in the past have actually lost weight while on a vacation. I think it's like you said....it's good to change things up! Plus I'm also super active even on vaca!!

Cheers! Life is good!!
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Great job. It's just shows you that you can live and enjoy life and still lose weight.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Loved reading your post as I am also a lover of the Martini...and include one most days in my own food plan! A martini or two hasn't ever hindered my weight loss .......but I do make sure it is included in my total calories, with other great nutrients, etc.

Best of luck to you, sounds like upping cals, really helped you out as it has done for many others!

Cheers!
  • sio2yd
    sio2yd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You go girl... I love Martinis rofl...you have given me hope.
  • mollie6986
    mollie6986 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love this post, way to go girl!!!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I like everything about that post! (except martinis aren't really for me.. maybe a gin and tonic instead :drinker: )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!