Not eating Enough

Options
Am I the only one who can not eat enough with out eating junk food? What am I doing wrong?!

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Time for ice cream! Yay!

Peanut butter.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You can eat some junk food but even without eating any, there is plenty of calorie-dense food you can have.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Lettuce gets old really fast. Once you have all your nutrition in enjoy all the foods. A small handful of nuts should do it.

A good full fat dressing is good too. You get all those fat soluble vitamins and the fat helps keep moving things along very well.
  • alwaysbrittany13
    alwaysbrittany13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Lettuce gets old really fast. Once you have all your nutrition in enjoy all the foods. A small handful of nuts should do it.

A good full fat dressing is good too. You get all those fat soluble vitamins and the fat helps keep moving things along very well.

I have nuts on my salad 🤦🏼‍♀️
    One day I eat to much the other not enough
  • alwaysbrittany13
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    1. Nothing wrong with some "treat" foods once you've had your fill of nutritious stuff.
    2. Make sure you are logging accurately, choosing correct entries in the database, and weighing solids, especially calorie dense items like nuts, grains, avocados, etc
    3. If you are filling up on such low calories, you are probably not hitting your fat goal, and prob low on protein too. Think about full fat greek yogurt, nuts and nut butter, olive oil, avocados, oats, beans. Lots of summer fruits available right now like grapes, cherries, peaches (if you're in the US at least)
    4. If you just started, sometimes it can take a few days for your body to get used to big diet changes (like lots more veggies and fiber)

Thank you so much I will give it a few more days!!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Is your logging accurate? 900 cals is a minuscule amount of food, likely not meeting minimum fat and protein requirements, or giving you sufficient fibre or micronutrients
  • alwaysbrittany13
    Options
    Is your logging accurate? 900 cals is a minuscule amount of food, likely not meeting minimum fat and protein requirements, or giving you sufficient fibre or micronutrients

Yes it was logged properly I just wasn’t hungry I had a salad banana nuts chicken rice cheese and it just wasn’t enough I guess
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    If you open up your diary, we can make some suggestions to tweak and get in some more calories/nutrients. Also, my diary is open, so feel free to peruse for ideas. I definitely have days sometimes where I'm just not hungry. Yesterday was one of those days, but I ended up eating an entire avocado that got me into a healthy calorie amount.
  • natalialikescookies
    natalialikescookies Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Some days (more than I would like) I find my intake has been way too low and the heat reduces my appetite aswell. I found a peanut butter, banana, vanilla protein powder and chia seed smoothie is both delicious and filling at around 300 cals depending what liquids etc you add to it (l put coffee in mine if I have it for breakfast...yummy).

How do you fit all of this in 300 calories? A small banana and a tiny 2tbs serving of peanut butter are already 300cals. Or maybe I’m the only one who can’t get by with that little pb 🤷🏼‍♀️LOL
    Do coffee and pb go well together? I saw a Reese’s creamer at the store a while ago and couldn’t decide if it was appealing and repulsive haha

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Some days (more than I would like) I find my intake has been way too low and the heat reduces my appetite aswell. I found a peanut butter, banana, vanilla protein powder and chia seed smoothie is both delicious and filling at around 300 cals depending what liquids etc you add to it (l put coffee in mine if I have it for breakfast...yummy).

How do you fit all of this in 300 calories? A small banana and a tiny 2tbs serving of peanut butter are already 300cals. Or maybe I’m the only one who can’t get by with that little pb 🤷🏼‍♀️LOL
    Do coffee and pb go well together? I saw a Reese’s creamer at the store a while ago and couldn’t decide if it was appealing and repulsive haha

I eat a pb and banana sandwich with coffee every day for my first meal. They do indeed go together.

Dunno about the creamer though. Sounds interesting. I’m usually sold at the word Reese’s.