Women who had/have 50 or more to lose

empressjasmin
empressjasmin Posts: 170 Member
What worked for you? I have been a yo-yo dieter for quite some time but can’t seem to find something that works well for me. I know that consistency is always key, but somehow I always give up because it seems like nothing is working to really shed the weight. I’m back to my highest weight of 250. This is the highest I have ever been and over a year of working out, I never got below 220. I’m 5’4. (My doctor has ruled out health issues). Thanks for any help you can provide.

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Log your calories accurately, use a food scale, and keep a consistent deficit. That is really all it takes.
  • empressjasmin
    Thank you. Great advice!
  • empressjasmin
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    Log your calories accurately, use a food scale, and keep a consistent deficit. That is really all it takes.

That's not entirely true. Your mental attitude needs be tuned in as well. Until you're at the right mindset to take the above steps you will spin your wheels. Also keep in mind that this is not a quick fix, but more of a lifetime commitment to being healthy. It may take you quite some time to lose your weight so staying in the game mentally becomes more crucial. Follow the forums on here, most people offer great advice.

Thank you. I know that it does matter more to have your mind in the right place as well!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,595 Member
    Good for you for persisting!
    Logging all your calories and using a food scale is the place to start.
    Once you have that down, you can look at your results to figure out if you need to adjust your diet or workouts.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I lost 80 pounds in 2012 - 13 and have maintained since then.

I had to learn about my eating habits, my food triggers, I tried different exercise and workouts to figure out what I liked and didn't like and learning and researching the human body (how to lose fat, the effects of hormones, learning about macros/micros and different foods and how it affect the body etc.)

This was a completely different way of life then what I was used to, but I was determined to figure it out and stick with it.

Between that, maintaining a calorie deficit, planning and keeping track my meals/exercises/measurements/weight and doing that consistently I was on my way.

Wishing you the best of luck <3

• empressjasmin
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    I lost 80 pounds in 2012 - 13 and have maintained since then.

Very good advice. Thank you! Never thought about looking into researching the body to figure out what worked. Great advice!