Do y’all think this is a good diet ?

Options
Minaz95
Minaz95 Posts: 15 Member
Hey there! So in a day I eat 1400 calories in a day .I workout about 40 mins a day doing random hiit workouts on YouTube and some blogilates . I would not considered my self fat but I would like to tone up and loose max ten pounds.I would highly appreciate it, if you evaluate how I eat :-).I am 127 pounds and my height is 5 ft 6 inches if that helps.

Breakfast:
2 Slices is toast with some butter
Coffee with 2% milk and vanilla creamer

Snack: A piece of fruit

Meal after I come home :
Tea with milk
3 Ritz crackers
Toast

Dinner :
Options 1: Frozen Ellios pizza with rice and curry
Option 2 : Boca burger with whole wheat bread and a side of frozen French fries and rice and curry
Option 3 : eggs with onions and cheese on bread roll with some ketchup and rice and curry

Dessert :
Drumstick Ice cream cone
Or Mango with strawberry milk

Replies

• changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You sound like you’re already at a pretty optimal weight range for your height. Perhaps your shift should be to focus on body composition and fat loss vs muscle gain to get the aesthetic you desire?

If that’s the case, you have to dial in on nutrition. More balanced macros, particularly more protein, should aid you in your quest. And maybe more calories? Other people more educated on this here may help you more with that.

Good luck!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Does it satisfy you and meet your goals? If it does then it is fine.

It looks a little low on protein and fruits and vegetables. That is probably where I would make some changes.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    What do your macronutrient (protein/fat/carbs) totals look like? If you open your diary, people will be able to give you more specific information.

Dinner and desert look tasty!
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Minaz95 wrote: »
    Hey there! So in a day I eat 1400 calories in a day .I workout about 40 mins a day doing random hiit workouts on YouTube and some blogilates . I would not considered my self fat but I would like to tone up and loose max ten pounds.I would highly appreciate it, if you evaluate how I eat :-).

To "tone" up you need to build some muscles (I suggest you read this https://aworkoutroutine.com/muscle-tone/ ) and in order to build some muscles to have what you want, you'll have to do the opposite of what you're doing. You see to want to lose more weight and based on your diet, there's very little protein. You're basically doing the opposite of what is required to "toning" up. I would suggest that you at the very least do a recomp or some lean bulking (if you want faster results) and I would change your diet for one that has at least 0.8g of protein per lbs of bodyweight, add some micronutrients and fiber into your diet too.

• deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Diet: mostly carbs and fat; processed food high in sodium...no vegetables; low protein. I
    It doesn't look "healthy," but it looks like a "typical" diet.

At 5'6 and 127, you don't need to lose weight. If you want to "tone," you should find a structured lifting program and follow.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I couldn't eat that little veggies.

They are what fill me.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    why so restrictive on your food options?

also concur with the too little protein comment and maybe focusing on body composition vs. losing weight
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    It looks like you may be vegetarian (like I am)? Regardless, that's too little protein, IMO, especially if you want to tone.

I'm about your height (5'5") and just a bit heavier (132 this AM), and strive for at least 100g protein daily and around 55g fats, plus 5+ (ideally 10+) servings of veggies and fruits. I figure this serves me well as an active person (need more protein), and vegetarian (may need more protein to give wiggle room from many plant foods being incomplete in essential amino acids so I need to balance the EAAs across varied plant protein foods).

You might want to consider recomposition rather than loss, given your goals. This thread explains it:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    your protein looks lower than a breastfeeding baby....
    and also....ummm....vegetables...micros???
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    your protein looks lower than a breastfeeding baby....
    and also....ummm....vegetables...micros???

...what worries me more is constipation from lack of fiber. I neglected fiber once and I paid dearly....it was horrible.