Weight Watchers Dropout

Hi everyone! I’m new to MFP. I’m also a recent weight watchers dropout. For some reason I couldn’t get the plan to work for me, and after 5 months of trying and getting nowhere, I decided to try this. I have 46 pounds to lose, I’m nervous I won’t see results since I just experienced that with WW.

Any advice for me?
Has anyone else switched from WW and found success with MFP?

Thanks!!!

Replies

• kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Log everything u eat and exercise. Calories in calories burned-simple. Good luck.

• MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Welcome to MFP
  • CJHoffmeier
    CJHoffmeier Posts: 13 Member
    I have found success with both. Health is largely behavioral. Whatever can get you in the groove, thumbs up :0).
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Welcome, I have been successful on WW along time ago. But when I went back to them, once I knew I was a diabetic and wanted to rejoin, to say they were less than welcoming was an understatement. Way too many issues, with their point system. So I never rejoined. I have lots to lose and have found MFP very easy to plug info into and use.
  • Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Welcome! Measure, weigh, and log everything. Drink water. Be honest with yourself. You can do this!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Welcome to MFP!
  • MAJdansk
    MAJdansk Posts: 145 Member
    Hi. I just switched back to MFP from a successful WW plan (<20#!) I like tracking, and MFP is better at it than WW because there are more options and less guessing (thanks to member's input), and it's free! Much success to you.
  • witchypoo29
    witchypoo29 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Kim,
    I'm just started too. I also found that WW didn't work for me, so I'm giving this a try. Good luck to you!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Nothing to be nervous about. Don't be scared. Be prepared. You probably already have a food scale and books with calorie counts. You can use the calorie app here, too. Start tracking and pay as you go. Don't wait until the end of the day to tally it up.
  • marieschneider7703
    marieschneider7703 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi, I just quit ww lol I lost a couple of pounds.
  • Kaittelaine
    Kaittelaine Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hey! I haven't tried WW, but I'm a slimming world dropout! It just wasn't working for me and I already had so much success on this app for years (before I quit and gained so much back in my new relationship) haha
  • ivysb
    ivysb Posts: 4 Member
    Me! i just joined MFP afer 5 months on FS WW really just loosing and gaining the same lbs.. super discouraging when you are following to the T, i have about 20 to loose, im concentrating on Fittness and Health of course watching what i eat, but im really trying to figure macros, how much of everything? any advise
    im into healthy whole foods, some treats on sat or sun. but i just found WW was too wide of variety as long as you counted the points,, not that healthy, and too much fake foods. Any suggestions;-)
  • megcromer
    megcromer Posts: 15 Member
    I am in the same boat. Plateaued with WW and got frustrated. Trying this now.
  • Josh_From_Louisiana
    Josh_From_Louisiana Posts: 42 Member
    Good luck with this app. I am on ww lost 5 pounds so far... Second week in. This is a great app. I lost three pounds with this mfp in the first week. As long as you are honest and log everything. Self control is the main key. It all depends on how bad you want it. Fifteen pounds left to go here. Oh fyi exercise is also key. Gym three times a week here and cardio at home while not at the gym.
  • jadamuriel76
    jadamuriel76 Posts: 58 Member
    GM! Welcome to MFP. I’ve never used WW but I have had success using calorie counting/deficit methods. MFP helps me stay accountable. You can choose to engage in the community boards if you want, as much or as little as you’d like and add friends for extra motivation. Logging all food and exercise helps you understand your eating and exercise habits better, this way you can make changes to help you achieve your goals. Good luck!
  • FrankCanDoit
    FrankCanDoit Posts: 22 Member
    I used weight watchers a few years back and it worked great, then they changed the point system and it sucked since then. I know they got alot of backlash. Here at MFP its been working better and I like this community more so far as well.

Anyone in here feel free to add me I'm here for weight loss, exercise, motivation and to motivate people. :smiley: