Hitting the wall

Options
Well, it's happened. I've been following my own regimen and I've finally hit the wall. I have been maintaining 1600 to 2000 calories a day (MFP said I should have 2710 a day) and working out twice a day at about 25 to 45 minutes a time. I've lost roughly 65 pounds and just cant break the 300 barrier. I've been rotating workouts and using cardio in the morning and weight training at night. Anyone know a jumpstart to get moving again? I'm on my third week of not moving the scale and it's getting frustrating! I do battle the sodium recommendations quite a bit cause it's hard to afford fresh chicken vs. frozen which is so much higher in sodium. I use 2 protein shakes a day to help with weight training for muscle building. Any Ideas are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Congrats on great progress. Are you familiar with this? https://bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/ Have you experienced something like it in your 65 pound loss so far?
  • Kim_S_G
    Kim_S_G Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    From a brief look at your food diary, it seems that you are not weighing all of your food. Use a food scale.
  • carley1971
    carley1971 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Kim_S_G wrote: »
    From a brief look at your food diary, it seems that you are not weighing all of your food. Use a food scale.
    I've been actually keying in higher than what I'm having, just to make sure it is covered.

• carley1971
    Options
    Kim_S_G wrote: »

but yes a food scale is something I need to get for sure
  • carley1971
    edited July 2018
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Congrats on great progress. Are you familiar with this? https://bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/ Have you experienced something like it in your 65 pound loss so far?

Okay that article fits me exactly cause it seemed like I could feel water retention but I didn't think it should go for almost 3 weeks! LOL.. thank you! I have noticed weird texture and I'm like ok this isn't feeling right. Makes perfect sense though now that I think about it!
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    The best jumpstart is to tighten up your logging

It's true. I thought I was doing everything right eating at a slightly higher deficit to account for any dodgy logging/estimating. After about six weeks I couldn't *kitten* myself about water retention any more, raised my calories a little and tightened up my logging immensely. And I've been losing. Trust the system.