coconut water

Options
?? anyone use it? thoughts???

Replies

• Annalisa419
    Annalisa419 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    They sell it at the place where I do yoga. I've never tried it but I'll be interested in hearing other's responses.
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I've tried it a couple of times because theres so much rave reviews about how healthy it is for you and everything but its just.SO.GROSS.
  • twitbffl
    twitbffl Posts: 24
    Options
    I used it in stir fry a couple times. I also threw shredded coconut in there, too! Pretty good!
  • lorettatat
    Options
    I am interested also
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Idk either...I see people talking about it all the time here, I want to know!
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I drink it and it's good. It's just water with a coconut flavor. I don't know how the taste is gross unless you don't care for coconut. I've had Vita Coco and ONE. Both are good.
  • marneymac
    Options
    I have a bottle I just got and I plan to try it after I power walk this evening. It's supposed to be a good recovery drink. I'll update with my opinion later...
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I tried it, the taste was not noteworthy.

I'll stick with water.
  • skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Zico makes flavored coconut water and that's the only way I'll drink it. As for feeling more hydrated afterward, I DO seem to feel more refreshed/hydrated (and despite what my diary says, I drink 2-3 liters of water EVERY SINGLE DAY). AND it has loads of potassium, which helps regulate the amount of sodium in your body (or that's what I hear!).
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    My favorite coconut water is straight from the young coconut. :P
  • Sbmtx
    Sbmtx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coconut & I LOVE coconut cream.
    One day a guy in the office saw coconut water at a store he was in and bought a can for me.
    YUCK! I took 1 sip and it tasted like the smell of socks to me. And I'm not talking clean ones.
    I dunno. I did not even get the taste of coconut from it.
    So maybe from the other posts you should try a few. I may even give it another try too.
    I do not know what brand I tried, but the label was mostly in spanish.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I have tried coconut butter. OMG that stuff is amazing!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have tried it, in fact I have some in the fridge at the moment. I think it tastes ok, but I have no idea if it does anything or not. I just get bored of water and don't like squash or fruit juice.
  • bcatalano89
    Options
    they sell ZICO at my job and i have to say i have mixed feelings about it. Some flavors i like some i dont and i cannot drink the plain flavor. I feel like it is a bit thicker than regular water so if that doesnt bother you I would give it a try. Some people i know really love it.
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    HATE it!! It tasted like something was wrong with it, but I was told that is just the way it's supposed to taste.
  • ohpurdysure
    Options
    My reading of this was that it needs to be fresh not something bottled.... that way its all natural, they will sell u anything :)
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    They are ALL gross except for Taste Nirvana. Taste Nirvana is absolutely heavenly.... i posted last week about it last week. Ever since I started drinking it, my skin and my energy level has changed!!!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I HATE:

Zico
    The Arizona one
    Coco Loco
    Blue Monkey
    etc

Taste Nirvana tastes completely different...
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Coconut water is awesome. It has a lot of electrolytes and nutrients in it. Some people complain about the taste, by personally I love it. It's like nutty/mildly sweet.
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    I love it. I buy VitaCoco from WholeFoods.