Weekly weight and sorry for my nit picky behavior

Options
So as seen in my previous posts, its been about a week since my weight disaster and an average of 1 to 1.5 pounds has been gained. I do feel a bit sluggish but i do workout for 2 hours a day and eating im not sure its over to give me extra pounds of fat but it does wear me down. So if this is not all fat, could it be muscle?? Or does muscle not grow that fast? Ive been losing weight sort of consistently but gaining consistently aka the days of this week has been a new thing and shocker to me. Is it still water weight, fat, or muscle.

And yes i know this is similar to my other post. Just an update

Replies

• Kim_S_G
    Kim_S_G Posts: 120 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I do not understand what you mean by "an average of 1 to 1.5 pounds has been gained". An average of 1 to 1.5 pounds per day?
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't understand why you keep asking the same question. It is daily fluctuations, we all have them.

The average has gone up which worries me even though my calories are below maintainence and yesterday i even dropped to eating 1000 calories and still nothing

You're eating more than you think you are, otherwise you'd be losing.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's not muscle. It takes months to grow that much muscle. It's an increase in the amount of fluid and waste in your body. It will clear in its own time. Use a trend weight app and talk to a professional if concerns like this are becoming overwhelming in your day-to-day life. The only person I've known who worried about their weight this closely was my 90-year-old grandmother.

Any advice on clearing waste? Ive tried more water,fiber,fruit,veggies,prunes,sometimes laxatives, and also take walks. Could eating really less than maintainence be a problem? Like metabolism or something , i dont know. So should i eat more and maybe my body will push the feces out

Either let your body do its thing or see a doctor. Your body will handle it fine unless you have a very serious medical condition. Get in plenty of fat, fluid, and fiber and see a doctor or a therapist if you can't let go of this nitpicky control over things your body is designed to do naturally.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    It's not muscle. It takes months to grow that much muscle. It's an increase in the amount of fluid and waste in your body. It will clear in its own time. Use a trend weight app and talk to a professional if concerns like this are becoming overwhelming in your day-to-day life. The only person I've known who worried about their weight this closely was my 90-year-old grandmother.

Any advice on clearing waste? Ive tried more water,fiber,fruit,veggies,prunes,sometimes laxatives, and also take walks. Could eating really less than maintainence be a problem? Like metabolism or something , i dont know. So should i eat more and maybe my body will push the feces out

If you are not having bowel movements, you need to worry less about weight loss and more about the fact that you are not having bowel movements. Contact a physician and stop trying to self-medicate. You can do serious damage to your body trying to "force" a bowel movement.
  • Kim_S_G
    Kim_S_G Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Kim_S_G wrote: »
    Kim_S_G wrote: »

Miralax

Seriously, don't suggest this.

Why? Not being snarky - truly asking to understand. My doctor suggested it to me several years ago. And I have a young (6 years old) relative who has a blockage and has been told to take it everyday. My 83 year old mother has been advised by a nurse to take it. I would not suggest something I thought was not safe. Sorry if I am wrong.

He is an 18year old with what sounds like body dysmorphia. I know it is hard to see his previous OP’s, but he is too concerned about two measly pounds. He doesn’t need laxatives. He needs to chill.

I definitely agree with this.