2»

Replies

• Kim_S_G
    Kim_S_G Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Kim_S_G wrote: »
    It's not muscle. It takes months to grow that much muscle. It's an increase in the amount of fluid and waste in your body. It will clear in its own time. Use a trend weight app and talk to a professional if concerns like this are becoming overwhelming in your day-to-day life. The only person I've known who worried about their weight this closely was my 90-year-old grandmother.

Any advice on clearing waste? Ive tried more water,fiber,fruit,veggies,prunes,sometimes laxatives, and also take walks. Could eating really less than maintainence be a problem? Like metabolism or something , i dont know. So should i eat more and maybe my body will push the feces out

Miralax

Seriously, don't suggest this.

Why? Not being snarky - truly asking to understand. My doctor suggested it to me several years ago. And I have a young (6 years old) relative who has a blockage and has been told to take it everyday. My 83 year old mother has been advised by a nurse to take it. I would not suggest something I thought was not safe. Sorry if I am wrong.

Miralax is not a weight loss tool.

The OP asked about help with bowel movements because he has been irregular. I am not sure that was clear in this thread but he did mention it in another thread. I did not suggest it as a weight loss tool, sorry if it came across that way.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    It's not muscle. It takes months to grow that much muscle. It's an increase in the amount of fluid and waste in your body. It will clear in its own time. Use a trend weight app and talk to a professional if concerns like this are becoming overwhelming in your day-to-day life. The only person I've known who worried about their weight this closely was my 90-year-old grandmother.

Any advice on clearing waste? Ive tried more water,fiber,fruit,veggies,prunes,sometimes laxatives, and also take walks. Could eating really less than maintainence be a problem? Like metabolism or something , i dont know. So should i eat more and maybe my body will push the feces out

Have you tried increasing your fat intake?
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't understand why you keep asking the same question. It is daily fluctuations, we all have them.

The average has gone up which worries me even though my calories are below maintainence and yesterday i even dropped to eating 1000 calories and still nothing

You're eating more than you think you are, otherwise you'd be losing.

So i was technically bulking?

Perhaps inadvertently.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    My usual week I’ll see an increase of a couple to 5lbs above my lowest weigh in of the week. Fluctuations happen. They are normal. Don’t worry about anything under 5lbs or so. Then you can say you’ve “gained” I guess. But even the week I gained that much it ended up being mostly water etc and went down after another week.

I’ve had trouble with constipation and it does make you feel uncomfortable and bloated. Definitely see a doctor about options. Taking fibre supplements like psyllium might be something they discus. That’s what ended up helping me stop fighting with it so much. Nothing harsh like laxatives- absolutely don’t do that without a medics opinion omg. They can be very upsetting to your body.

I do still absolutely see fluctuations of several pounds in a week. It’s very normal. Don’t worry about getting rid of it.
  • sam_juggins
    sam_juggins Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So not taking anyone else's advice to go and see a professional about your stomach or mental health issues?

Yes, gummie bears are the answer.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    kiela64 wrote: »
    My usual week I’ll see an increase of a couple to 5lbs above my lowest weigh in of the week. Fluctuations happen. They are normal. Don’t worry about anything under 5lbs or so. Then you can say you’ve “gained” I guess. But even the week I gained that much it ended up being mostly water etc and went down after another week.

I’ve had trouble with constipation and it does make you feel uncomfortable and bloated. Definitely see a doctor about options. Taking fibre supplements like psyllium might be something they discus. That’s what ended up helping me stop fighting with it so much. Nothing harsh like laxatives- absolutely don’t do that without a medics opinion omg. They can be very upsetting to your body.

I do still absolutely see fluctuations of several pounds in a week. It’s very normal. Don’t worry about getting rid of it.

Yea i took your guys' advice and went to costco and bought fiber gummies😂 10 calories per 2

Too much fiber can block you up. Have you tried increasing your fat intake?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

Yea i took your guys' advice and went to costco and bought fiber gummies😂 10 calories per 2

Yea PB and fat on meat

What's your fat intake per day (in grams)?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

Miralax

Seriously, don't suggest this.

Why? Not being snarky - truly asking to understand. My doctor suggested it to me several years ago. And I have a young (6 years old) relative who has a blockage and has been told to take it everyday. My 83 year old mother has been advised by a nurse to take it. I would not suggest something I thought was not safe. Sorry if I am wrong.

Miralax is not a weight loss tool.

The OP asked about help with bowel movements because he has been irregular. I am not sure that was clear in this thread but he did mention it in another thread. I did not suggest it as a weight loss tool, sorry if it came across that way.

you're suggesting a laxative to someone who quite obviously has disordered thinking around weight loss. in what way is that acceptable?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Yea PB and fat on meat

and its been what, 1 day since you did that?