Julijulz
jagrib0112
vanzandtsusan
arkenny
martinah4
scooterboy2003
gmhvin
k2quiere

Week 4: So, how did everyone do this week? Let us know what worked, what didn't, the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Also, everyone needs to either post their weight to this thread TODAY, or send it to me in a message. Even if you weighed in earlier this week, post the number again to this thread. I need to know who our active participants are, and who we've lost along the way.

The Challenge for Week 4 is to exercise at least 3 days this week.

Let's have a great week!

Replies

• MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options

Two pound gain. I'm super discouraged. Granted I haven't eaten the BEST but I have certainly not been the worst either. Having a rough time emotionally and that's not helping either.
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    Mon, Aug 15 week 3 weigh in
    July 11 : Beginning weight 248.8
    July 25 : Beginning challenge weight 233.4
    Week 1 weigh in : 227.0
    Week 1 challenge loss 6.4 pounds
    Week 2 Weigh in 221.0
    Week 2 challenge loss 6.0
    Week 3 weigh in 218.2
    Week 3 challenge loss 2.8 pounds

Total challenge loss 15.2
    Total loss since starting in July : 30.6

Weight loss slowed down. I am still doing the same stuff.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Current weight 185.6 making it a loss of 2.4 this week.

Been snacking a bit with friends since I've been home but I've still been within my calorie goal. :) And I've been snacking a bit more healthier.
  • AriannaInIdaho
    Options
    Current weight 318.

I kind of fell off the bandwagon with logging what I eat, so I think that is where I failed. I didn't make myself accountable to what I was putting in my mouth.
  • tjandjmkahrs
    tjandjmkahrs Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I went back to work part time and have not been logging well or exercising well either. After saying that I must have stuck pretty well in my calorie intake due to the fact I had a lost of 4lbs.!! :bigsmile: I need to work harder this week and see if I can copy that next week. The goal of 3 days of exercise is just what I need this week! :blushing:

This is were I am:

Challenge start weight 189.8
    Week 2 weight 192.2
    Week 3 weight 188.3
    Week 4 weight 184.3
    Challenge goal weight 160
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    9/5 Challenge
    Week 1 Weigh In (7/25): 316.2
    Week 2 Weigh In (8/1): 310.2
    Week 3 Weigh In (8/8): 304.4
    Week 4 Weigh In (8/15): 301.8

Goal Weight: 297

Week 4 Loss: 2.6 lbs

I'm actually up today from yesterday. Crappy scale....lol Next week's loss will be much better. Today is a friggin fluke.
  • lmontelongo1
    Options
    Week 3 weigh in 158.7...loss of 2 pds. I am looking forward to the challenge, I haven't worked out near as much and I miss the extra energy. I have to say I made a few poor choices, but overall I am getting a lot better at portion control and making healthier choices.
  • Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This week I didn't work out nearly as much due to a lot of ups and downs in my life. But I guess God is looking over my shoulder and wanted to make me smile for a change. :D I'm down 2lbs FINALLY!!!!!!! No weight loss for 3 weeks and now this. I'm super happy.

SW: 244lbs
    GW: 224lbs
    CW: 242lbs

Overall GW: 160lbs
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    This week I didn't work out nearly as much due to a lot of ups and downs in my life. But I guess God is looking over my shoulder and wanted to make me smile for a change. :D I'm down 2lbs FINALLY!!!!!!! No weight loss for 3 weeks and now this. I'm super happy.

SW: 244lbs
    GW: 224lbs
    CW: 242lbs

Overall GW: 160lbs

We are happy for you as well. We rejoice together and feel compassion together when necessary.
  • PianoRaven
    Options
    I would like to get all your opinions on what to do when a member fails to post their weight. I have been sending reminders to the people who don't weigh-in; some reply, some still don't. However, I kind of feel like having to chase someone down for their weight defeats the purpose of the challenge...know what I mean? If someone isn't motivated to do this, there's nothing I can do.

There are a couple people who don't post at all to our threads, and I am tracking them down EVERY week for the weigh-in.

So, I'm thinking that people who don't weigh-in for two weeks should be removed from our list. What do you all think?
  • Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would like to get all your opinions on what to do when a member fails to post their weight. I have been sending reminders to the people who don't weigh-in; some reply, some still don't. However, I kind of feel like having to chase someone down for their weight defeats the purpose of the challenge...know what I mean? If someone isn't motivated to do this, there's nothing I can do.

There are a couple people who don't post at all to our threads, and I am tracking them down EVERY week for the weigh-in.

So, I'm thinking that people who don't weigh-in for two weeks should be removed from our list. What do you all think?

I would agree...remove them from the list. When they come back, if they have a valid excuse, then they can be placed back. But part of being in a group or on a team is accountability. If we can't count on our teammates, then what good are they to us? It's part of life. And if this were a real challenge in which we were competing in real life, we would have lost already. Teams stick together, encourage, and improve. The reward is better health, and if they don't want that, then that's on them. Sorry to be so mean...
  • jbiancad
    jbiancad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi todays weigh in is 168.8
    I was very surprised being that I went out this weekend and had a few drinks and this was also TOM so I was being really lazy when it comes to exercise.

I hope everyone is having a good week!
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    212! I think I'm down 2.5 from week 2! Yeah! Sorry for posting so late tonight, we had out of town family with us!
  • PianoRaven
    Options
    I had a gain this week. It was what I was expecting, though. I've been sick all week, so I haven't been exercising and I've been too lazy to track (although, not too lazy to eat!).

I've decided to go back to Weight Watcher's meetings. I was able to lose 50 lbs last year by going to meetings. But then I reached goal, my schedule changed, and the program changed. I though I could do it on my own, but here I am over 20 lbs heavier.

So I found a new meeting time, and I'm going to start this morning. I'm looking forward to the change! It just makes such a huge difference when you know you are going to be weighing-in in front of someone!

I'll have the weekly totals up in a few minutes.
  • PianoRaven
    Options
    Ok, here are our results:

:heart: tjandjmkahrs..........2.12%:heart:
    szczepj..................1.28%
    scooterboy2003....1.27%
    lmontelongo1........1.24%
    jbiancad................1.23%
    martinah4..............1.17%
    k2quiere................1.03%
    jagrib0112.............0.85%
    Julijulz...................0.82%
    AriannaInIdaho......0.31%
    imarunner8908.....+1.15
    PianoRaven.........+1.26%

Congrats to tjandjmkahrs, our weekly winner!!!:bigsmile:

We lost a total of 24.8 lbs this week! Let's keep it going.

I did not receive weights from:
    lovelyfacex3
    DoctorWhoFan
    arkenny
    vanzandtsusan
    gmhvin
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    :heart: tjandjmkahrs..........2.12%:heart:

Congratulations!
  • scooterboy2003
    Options

I agree. The accountability is necessary for individual motivation. I also think that the encouragement that we can give one another is an absolute necessity for this challenge. So, I vote that people should be removed if they do not weigh in for 2 weeks.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options

I agree. The accountability is necessary for individual motivation. I also think that the encouragement that we can give one another is an absolute necessity for this challenge. So, I vote that people should be removed if they do not weigh in for 2 weeks.

I agree.
  • lmontelongo1
    Options

I agree
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    I completed PianoRaven's weekly challenge for us. I have now exercised three times this week. So, can I goof off for the rest of the week and eat whatever I want? Please?:grumble: