Losing weight

Options
Do any one has suggestions on how to lose weight when you get to 200lbs? I’ve never weighed this much and I workout and eat right and the weight doesn’t really go any where, I’m so lost on what I should do

Replies

• qrcathey91
    qrcathey91 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions on how to not over eat ?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    qrcathey91 wrote: »

Different people find different things that work for them, it's going to depend on your personality.

My tricks were finding meal timing that worked for me (I like three big meals, no snacks), making sure I'm eating stuff each day that I really enjoy, and pre-logging (planning all my meals the day before).

If you share why you overeat, we may be able to provide you with some tips.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options

Pre-planning and pre-logging meals goes a long way. Many newer users will post a "HELP I ONLY HAVE 120 calories left for the day and its 2pm!" thread before they learn to appropriately manage their calories. I try to make sure I have a plan for at least one full day in advance and often a few days are already logged. This helps me to make decisions about what to eat when I'm not actively hungry. It may take some time to develop the habit but I've found it to be a valuable one.

Beyond that, there's an element of taking ownership of the situation. IMO, you can't rely 100% on trying to trick yourself into making positive changes; you have to want and commit to the process to at least some degree.
  • qrcathey91
    Options
    Most of the time I snack throughout the day, I snack a lot and that’s my biggest issue and I don’t really know what’s good to eat or how to meal prep, and I for. Know what’s the best exercises to do as far as legs, arms and stomach fat

Different people find different things that work for them, it's going to depend on your personality.

My tricks were finding meal timing that worked for me (I like three big meals, no snacks), making sure I'm eating stuff each day that I really enjoy, and pre-logging (planning all my meals the day before).

If you share why you overeat, we may be able to provide you with some tips.

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Read the link posted upthread from @Kim_S_G
  • qrcathey91
    Options
    I read it but it was kind of confusing to me 😫quote="L1zardQueen;c-42339331"]Read the link posted upthread from @Kim_S_G [/quote]

• Kim_S_G
    Kim_S_G Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your calories? If so, how many calories are you consuming per day?
  • qrcathey91
    Options
    Yes I track them most days not everyday like I should but one I do track a lot of times I don’t meet the calorie goals of the day and when I do I think I over some of my goals like carbs, fats and sugars
    Kim_S_G wrote: »
    Are you tracking your calories? If so, how many calories are you consuming per day?

• RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    One good piece of advice I read on here years ago was when it gets to about 8pm and you've eaten your daily calories brush your teeth. I don't know about you but I don't wanna taste NOTHING once I've brushed!
  • shnell25
    shnell25 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Everyone is different but for me, I use portion control containers. I measure out everything. I also use salad plates. Once I portion everything out, I put my leftovers in containers and in the refrigerator. Once I sit down and eat, I am usually satisfied. It’s really helping me to learn what a true serving really is. A bonus is I love what I am eating and feel full and content with my serving sizes.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Work on one thing first food or exercise cause you sound overwhelmed. Food..... to lose weight calories matter most so focus on being at or under your calorie target and worry about macros later. Do try to get a good amount of protein. Exercise..... there are lifting plans in the fitness tab or it's just as simple as walking. Exercise won't help you lose weight though if eating more than burning so you should worry about food first
  • qrcathey91
    Options
    Thank you so much, you get what I’m saying I promise working out and trying to figure out how to eat right and being a new mom is super overwhelming ang I honestly don’t know what I’m doing most of the time
    Work on one thing first food or exercise cause you sound overwhelmed. Food..... to lose weight calories matter most so focus on being at or under your calorie target and worry about macros later. Do try to get a good amount of protein. Exercise..... there are lifting plans in the fitness tab or it's just as simple as walking. Exercise won't help you lose weight though if eating more than burning so you should worry about food first