Simple at home exercise?

Options
Im trying to motivate myself to start doing some exercise. Long story short I struggle to go outside and I get tired very easily so I want something to get me slowly into exercising.

I'm just not sure what to do. Equipment wise I only have a mat and a long barbell. Currently the goal is to just get myself moving but eventually stomach and butt is what I want to work on.

Any help is appreciated

Replies

• New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Squats
    Yoga
    Running up and down stairs
    Housework
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,931 Member
    Options
    Walk
  • xindiaa
    xindiaa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Walk

Like just walk around the house?

• xindiaa
    xindiaa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    New2ket0 wrote: »
    Squats
    Yoga
    Running up and down stairs
    Housework

Thank you, I think I may look into yoga a bit :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,931 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    xindiaa wrote: »
    Walk

Perhaps around the block?

Or down the driveway and back?
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Log on to FitnessBlender.com and pick a workout.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I started with the following video. I find that I need structure and to be able to mimic movements, so I prefer workout videos. All you need to get moving is enough will power to press the start button, after that the routine flows smoothly and before you know it you are done.

Also find this is excellent as it has a warm up and cool down, so you don't jump straight in/sudden stop at end and potentially injure something!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhUR862hhIE&index=40&list=PLe5P3ayTEj7bU0ljnuSbKkKqaAlPlrLIY&t=0s
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells are cheap and brutally effective
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I second getting on Fitnessblender. I use it and love it!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    inside walking? sure. check out leslie sansone. a lot of people start with her
    fitnessblender is nice
    darabee is good
    youtube
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    There are tons of home based workout here:

https://www.changeinseconds.com/fitness-workout-routines/
  • Chelsey208Hayes
    Chelsey208Hayes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the 7 minute workout app, you can set a reminder for workouts
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    xindiaa wrote: »
    Walk

Leslie Sansone "Walk At Home" or Jessica Smith walking videos are fun. Jessica Smith TV has lots of variety for other types of workouts as well.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone for walk aerobics. But I also will walk laps around the house while talking on the phone or listening to podcasts for a lighter calorie burn. I would walk outdoors but it’s unbearably hot outside...

For strength training I am really enjoying HASfit on YouTube
  • pigsrock137
    pigsrock137 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Check out blogilates on youtube her workout videos are amazing and theres so much variety so youll find something you're into and she is so peppy during her videos you'll forget that youre dying
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like the Body Groove short videos. They get me up and moving and after I feel better. They are also a good warm up before I go walking.
  • KV621
    KV621 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use the 7m workout app on my phone it’s a bunch of 7 min. Work outs and they start with beginner. I use it every day some times twice a day and you don’t need equipment
  • faji2015
    faji2015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Follow the fitness Marshall on youtube for dance workouts
  • Sandie020
    Sandie020 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    There are loads of aps you can download to your phone if you dont have time to go out. there are lots of 30 day challenges that are usually only 5-10 minutes long but they all help. If you want a longer workout there are also loads on u tube you could use. Good luck
  • wynnetf
    wynnetf Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Squats, planks, and complex moves that engage multiple muscles at a time. Also, try to walk outside. Start slowly and work up to however far your feet can take you. Starting to change habits is a slow process if you want lasting results.