Ladies.........

Options
2»

Replies

• Leegal57
    Leegal57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    wow.... I guess I should be getting myself fitted properly instead of suffering with every bra I buy!! I try different styles, sizes, you name it... they always feel like a torture device!!!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I got a new bra recently. I measured every which way and used multiple size calculators and got different numbers. I ended up getting the same size I had gotten before and am satisfied with the fit.
  • Sami488
    Sami488 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just use sports bra and I love it .

Girl. Get you a real bra. You will be amazed.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    The correct size and style (based on breast shape) matters so much. Full coverage styles aren't a good fit for my shape, I can only do Demi or balconette styles. If you get measured they should tell you that too.
  • ToxicRain1098
    ToxicRain1098 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sami488 wrote: »

Is that what you were wearing before a sports bra ?
  • Sami488
    Options
    hud54014 wrote: »
    I also want a sports bra that doesn't give you uniboob

Another unicorn...

Wacoal makes a good one that supposedly separates and supports

I will be looking into this!
  • Sami488
    Options

Is that what you were wearing before a sports bra ?

Some days I did. But mostly I had a bra that had no underwire and no shape... So I didn't get the lift or the shapeliness that a different style of bra can provide. There are so many different types though it can be very overwhelming for me! This new one has underwire and a small amount of padding that shapes the girls perfectly!
  • KV621
    KV621 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So how many of you finally decided to buy that new bra and tried it on and then immediately realized how crappy your old one was?

This was me yesterday. I bought a new bra which was embarrassingly past due, and when I looked down I said to myself..whoa where did those come from!?

So yea, how many of you ladies know what I'm talking about??
    So how many of you finally decided to buy that new bra and tried it on and then immediately realized how crappy your old one was?

This was me yesterday. I bought a new bra which was embarrassingly past due, and when I looked down I said to myself..whoa where did those come from!?

So yea, how many of you ladies know what I'm talking about??

• KV621
    KV621 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I always have trouble finding bras and finding the right size, and they’re so expensive! So the last few years I go to Victoria secret when they have they’re Christmas sale and get them at a much cheaper price. Then I hope and pray they last me through the year they usually do. I’m a very cheap person and always bought mine from Walmart, but honestly if I buy 6 walmart bras in one year because they fall apart it’s practically the same price. Oh and I never put them in the dryer!!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I do love to showcase the girls. I too was one of those ladies who didn't actually know her bra size until she was measured.

Even so the same size can have variations depending on who makes them. Just like clothing ranges vary.

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I unknowingly wore the wrong size bras for years and it contributed to me having poor body image when I was younger :( Over the years through trial and error I figured out what my true bra size is, I need a small band size and a very large cup size so I’m a size I will never-ever find in a conventional retail store. I buy all my bras and bikinis on eBay from UK sellers. Not only do they carry my size, they have super cute styles/colors! :) I’ve never understood why the smaller sized bras can be so cute, frilly and lacy but the bigger sizes in stores look so blah and not fashionable :s Anyway, now that I’ve got my correct size I splurge on good bras and bikinis and have quite a collection. Also I must admit that strengthening my core and improving my posture have helped immensely with my comfort level and in how I carry my chest weight, which is good because short of surgery I’m gonna be stuck with these things, they didn’t even budge through 2 years of breastfeeding and considerable weight loss :# Wearing the right size sports bra (underwire, of course!) has helped me feel comfortable as a runner, along with correct form to minimize the bounce B)
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I’m fairly small, I used to wear an A cup exclusively, even when pregnant. So when I was sized into a C cup I was like wtf, what do actual C cup girls get sized into? Some of you girls are probably FFF and don’t even know it 😅
  • Sami488
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I’m fairly small, I used to wear an A cup exclusively, even when pregnant. So when I was sized into a C cup I was like wtf, what do actual C cup girls get sized into? Some of you girls are probably FFF and don’t even know it 😅

I always though I was a D but turns out I'm a DD. I guess I'm a bit cooler now though right?
  • caco_ethes
    Options

I always though I was a D but turns out I'm a DD. I guess I'm a bit cooler now though right?

Infinitely so if you got that DD mesh vent sports bra
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have never been sized. But I have always wanted to be. I think I should do it one time for sure! Especially now after the kids bras don’t seem to fit right anymore.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with Victoria's Secret sorts bras. So comfy and make the girls look perky
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I'm in love with Victoria's Secret sorts bras. So comfy and make the girls look perky

They better be at $50 a pop 😏
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    I unknowingly wore the wrong size bras for years and it contributed to me having poor body image when I was younger :( Over the years through trial and error I figured out what my true bra size is, I need a small band size and a very large cup size so I’m a size I will never-ever find in a conventional retail store. I buy all my bras and bikinis on eBay from UK sellers. Not only do they carry my size, they have super cute styles/colors! :) I’ve never understood why the smaller sized bras can be so cute, frilly and lacy but the bigger sizes in stores look so blah and not fashionable :s Anyway, now that I’ve got my correct size I splurge on good bras and bikinis and have quite a collection. Also I must admit that strengthening my core and improving my posture have helped immensely with my comfort level and in how I carry my chest weight, which is good because short of surgery I’m gonna be stuck with these things, they didn’t even budge through 2 years of breastfeeding and considerable weight loss :# Wearing the right size sports bra (underwire, of course!) has helped me feel comfortable as a runner, along with correct form to minimize the bounce B)

I know your pain. I’m built the same as you, smaller band larger cup, and have very limited options when I go shopping, and those options aren’t always pretty. At least they do the job. Lol
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

They better be at $50 a pop 😏

I got them on sale at like $35, Canadian so like $5 American really