Waistin' Away in Margaritaville Challenge!

Options
Hello, my name is Sara and I am a Parrot Head. I love the music of Jimmy Buffett and the vacation of the mind state of being. Unfortunately, one (ok, ok, way more than one) too many boat drinks have gotten me to being over weight. And I know I want the Hula Girl in my heart to come out and play for Halloween this year. So I've decided to create an OPEN challenge for any and all that want to join in and play!

I've created an online spreadsheet that anyone can go in and update their information on. If you want to join, you need to go to https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuE0CywZ2vF5dE5peTcwMHdpdm9IcEh6c1dtMC1pUVE&hl=en_US and input your screen name, your starting weight and your goal weight. Once a week (the day of your choice) you'll need to go in and put in that week's weigh-in! Easy right?

I'll also put on here every Monday this week's challenge. Each challenge I'm going to try and tie in with the Parrot Head state of mind and hopefully it'll get our bodies ready to be better beach bums in the future (and to look like a rockin' Hula Girl for Halloween!) They might be food challenges or exercise challenges or both! If you have good ideas for a Parrot Head fitness challenge, please message me. I'm open for ideas!

I've made this a 13 week challenge (ending on Halloween) and I would love to see pictures at the end of your best Parrot Head Halloween outfits! I'm going to reply to this with my starting information and this week's challenge!

Edit: Oh, and I will be "cleaning house" every other week, so if you don't update for two weeks, I'm going to remove you from the spreadsheet just to make it easy for everyone to find themselves.

Replies

• monoxidechick
    Options
    what a great and simple idea!! I will add my info and join your challenge.
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight Aug 14: 204.4
    Goal Weight: 184.9 (a 1.5 lbs loss per week)

This week's challenge is to eat a serving of fruit from your favorite boat drink a day! Do you love strawberry daquris? Then its a serving of strawberries a day. Pina Coladas your choice at the tiki bar? Then a serving of pineapple a day. You get the idea. :happy:

I'll be having a serving of cantaloupe a day in honor of a Cantaloupe Cup.

2 oz light rum
    1/3 cupdried cantaloupe melons
    1/2 ozfresh orange juice
    1/2 ozfresh lime juice
    1/2 tsp superfine sugar
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    SW:204.2 (although I don't know after last night's gathering....there was lemon meringue pie....so good)
    GW:184.2
  • ladixson1
    ladixson1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • vitacat
    vitacat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm in. I need a new challenge I've been stuck for weeks!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Very nice! I've added my info to the spreadsheet! :)

I have a photo of myself and wife with Peter Mayer on my office door. (True Parrot Heads should know who I'm talking about!)
  • scantrll
    Options
    I have a photo of myself and wife with Peter Mayer on my office door. (True Parrot Heads should know who I'm talking about!)

:happy: That's awesome! In the past two years my bf and I have been dating, I've slowly gotten him hooked on JB, Mac McAnally, Peter Mayer, ect... Margaritaville Radio is now one of his presets on his Siris radio. LOL
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing this. I am in!!!!

SW 180.4
    GW 169

I actually was thinking I don't have any pics doing all this, so this will be my excuse to take a before pic :)
    Will start thinking up some fun challenge ideas.
  • Amyding115
    Amyding115 Posts: 120
    Options
    Sounds great! Let's do it!
  • Amyding115
    Amyding115 Posts: 120
    Options
    And just FYI.... if we do get a ton of people and you can't find yourself on the list, just click the name column, a menu will open and you can have the list reordered in alphabetical order...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    vacation_cocktails.gif

I'm so close to goal that I don't want to be in any more challenges, but I wish you all luck (...and I selfishly want to follow along for the vibes.)

...and Jimmy Buffett is my all-time fave.

It all sounds great! Not sure if it is a boat drink or not, but I have been loving a mixture of lemonaid, lime vodka, and slightly crushed raspberries lately. It is so good and refreshing. We just went and got 6 pints of raspberries from the farmers market, so I will surely be eating a serving of those daily for the week, just hope I dont run out and can stick to just one serving at a time.

here are my stats:

CW: 160
    GW: 145
  • scantrll
    Options
    Since its Monday, I'm re-posting this week's challenge in case someone missed it yesterday!
    This week's challenge is to eat a serving of fruit from your favorite boat drink a day! Do you love strawberry daquris? Then its a serving of strawberries a day. Pina Coladas your choice at the tiki bar? Then a serving of pineapple a day. You get the idea. :happy:

I'll be having a serving of cantaloupe a day in honor of a Cantaloupe Cup.

Please post on the thread what fruit you're eating and which boat drink it comes from! Also, what's your favorite Jimmy Buffett song? Mine is Tin Cup Chalice. :smile:
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I joined the challenge when my husband did, but forgot to post something. He entered my info. Have to think on the fruit. Hmmmm.
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I do love me a strawberry daiquiri AND I have strawberries in my house!
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    this sounds fun..aka count me in
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    I forgot to add : I plan on mixing it up between cantaloupe and strawberries
  • MinaMaharet
    MinaMaharet Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this Challenge, my darling!!!

Starting Weight Aug 15: 285
    Goal Weight: 270

Week Challenge: I'm partial to quite a few drinks, but my favorites are a Raspberry or Strawberry Margarita and a Cape Cod (vodka, cranberry juice, lime). So its raspberries, strawberries and cranberries for me!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Mango. Every day. Because it's so yummous. From my fave Mango (frozen) and Rum with a little orange and pineapple juice. I don't know if it has a name....I call it the "Last Mango in Paris."

My favorite Buffett song is either "A Pirate Looks at Forty" or "Boats to Build"
  • scantrll
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad we have more folks joining up! :happy: I know this week's challenge is very easy, so next week we'll bump it up a notch. Today I did some gardening (spreading some mulch around) and listened to some Jimmy... My neighbors were looking at me a little oddly. :laugh:

But hey, if Coconut Telegraph is what it takes to get me to do yard work, then they'll just have to deal with it. :wink: