Burpees How do YOU do them?

Options
13»

Replies

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    saragd012 wrote: »
    Jump back into plank, do a push up, back up, jump up while reaching for the sky and repeat.

This at the beginning, the end looks more like 'jump back into plank, flop on the ground, push off my knees for optimal bruising, jump up while reaching for the sky, repeat until death seems imminent'

You forgot the cursing like a drunken sailor while crying part. That usually comes right after the "I'm going to die" phase.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    I complain the entire time. I hate them! I do them, but piss and moan the entire time.

Like, entirely valid. I believe that's actually the recommended method.

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    You all forgot the “swearing profusely” part of these instructions. No burpee session is complete without that!

I thought that was a requirement??? Up, throw yourself on the ground, swear a bit, get back up.... Swear some more, die a bit, repeat.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    As much as we are all joking about how bad burpees are. For me personally, kettlebell swings have me cursing the gods way more than burpees. But try this challenge if you're brave. Straight high knee tuck jumps. Do 1 take 1 long deep breath, 2 take 2 long deep breaths, 3 take 3 long deep breaths, etc.... to 10. By the time you get to 5 you're the cursing the gods, 6 you think you are going to die, 7 you get a second wind you might just make it, 8 you start preparing a suicide note, 9 you can no longer see straight but you only have one more set. 10 lay on floor feeling like a half dead badass. After a few minutes do some burpees and realize how easy they are.
  • Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I use burpees as one of my metrics for assessing my improvement. When I started CF, he had me doing full step burpees. Slow and steady, a small hop when vertical. I could do a few in a row before breathing super hard and having to break things up. I still have to do less if we are doing a timed workout where the goal is to complete as many reps as possible (and it isn't a wod), but I can do more at one time, and can hop back instead of step. I still step forward, but I try to hop up as much as possible. As much as I hate these, they are the bessttttt.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I do the standard burpee ( Down to plank, push up, knees in jump up ).
    Sometimes I make a full work out out of burpees.
    I start with dumbells and jump onto a plyo box for 3 x 10
    Then I drop the dumbells for 3 x 10
    Then pick up the dumbells but ditch the box for 3 x 10
    Then drop the dumbells and just go normal for 3 x 10
    The leave out the push up for 3 x 10
    Then lie down and cry

I'm crying just reading your workout. But damn, good on you! Way to keep changing it up.