I'm a slender 36yr old man ready to gain weight

Options
Hi Everyone
My name is Joel from South Carolina. I'm looking forward to connecting with people interested in fitness.

I am 6'2" and weigh 150 lbs. I've been slender all my life and can never really seem to put on any extra pounds.

Those of you who can relate or have found a way to add some extra bulk, Let's Chat!

Replies

• manowarrule2003
    manowarrule2003 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Dude im in the same boat pretty much. We can totally do this! Good luck to you. Just remember to believe in your vision, ignore the naysayers and work your butt off
  • joelnmorgan
    joelnmorgan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank You! I appreciate the encouragement.

I've realized gaining weight seems as difficult as losing weight. Consistency is key
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out the gaining weight /bodybuilding section of the forums, the stickies in that section might be helpful to you (especially the ones about training programs). You might also want to have a look for the threads on calorie dense foods to help you get calories in.

Have fun!
  • fuzzy_l0gic
    fuzzy_l0gic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That was me 391 days ago (6’2” 153lbs.). MFP really helped me understand and get a handle on my calorie intake. I’m now 182lbs. And very happy with the progress. Good Luck