• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I also love having kitchen shears.
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Not really a "gadget" but,
    Ziploc baggies: They help me cut oil usage. If it calls for 2 tbsp, I place 1 Tbsp in the baggie, squish the baggie to smear it around to coat the inside of the bag, place whatever I am coating inside (usually veggies of some type, but it works for everything that calls for being drizzled or any other oil coating), close the bag and shake and swoosh the contents around until they are evenly coated.
    Roast/bake/saute/pan fry, as usual.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,603 Member
    Options
    HeyJudii wrote: »
    Not really a "gadget" but,
    Ziploc baggies: They help me cut oil usage. If it calls for 2 tbsp, I place 1 Tbsp in the baggie, squish the baggie to smear it around to coat the inside of the bag, place whatever I am coating inside (usually veggies of some type, but it works for everything that calls for being drizzled or any other oil coating), close the bag and shake and swoosh the contents around until they are evenly coated.
    Roast/bake/saute/pan fry, as usual.

I do this too, Only I am cheap and just use supermarket plastic carrier bags to shake things in oil or coat in breadcrumbs instead of ziplocs.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    My handiest gadget is hands down my Cuisinart Air Fryer/Toaster Oven. It’s a counter top multi-function oven that does EVERYTHING! It has settings for the air fryer, toasting, warming, regular baking, regular broiling, convection baking and convection broiling. I use it for so many things—I can make a week’s worth of chicken breasts in under 15 minutes, toast to go with eggs, roast veggies, re-heat leftovers…just about any kitchen chore requiring heat can be done with this little guy. It cooks faster on lower heat settings and doesn’t usually need pre-heating, so it saves time and energy. I use it so often, I’ve probably only turned my big oven on once or twice since I got the Cuisinart back in April.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,603 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    My handiest gadget is hands down my Cuisinart Air Fryer/Toaster Oven. It’s a counter top multi-function oven that does EVERYTHING! It has settings for the air fryer, toasting, warming, regular baking, regular broiling, convection baking and convection broiling. I use it for so many things—I can make a week’s worth of chicken breasts in under 15 minutes, toast to go with eggs, roast veggies, re-heat leftovers…just about any kitchen chore requiring heat can be done with this little guy. It cooks faster on lower heat settings and doesn’t usually need pre-heating, so it saves time and energy. I use it so often, I’ve probably only turned my big oven on once or twice since I got the Cuisinart back in April.

I love my air fryer too. Mine is the compact Phillips Viva. I use it for everything from grilled cheese sandwiches, to frozen spring rolls, to fish and chips, to chicken wings where the fat is rendered off so well that they taste deep fried, to Sunday roast beef or leg or rack of lamb with potatoes. I also use it for roast vegetables. At a lower temperature, I made a cherry clafoutis in it tonight. I bake lasagnas in the air fryer too.
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »

Based on your rave review ;) I just bought one. Just used it too.

Since I changed my eating habits, I eat real food now, so that means cooking more. I debated and debated about the expense, but after turning on my large oven this morning to warm my (single) danish, I knew it would be a good buy.

I could have just got a simple toaster oven, but I have also wanted an air-fryer so, two birds and all that. Now I need to give my toaster a going away party. :D:'(
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Breville Smart Oven Pro.
    Used every single day. Much much better and versatile than air fryers.

I have one of these. I love it. It gets used a lot!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    my immersion blender.
    i use it for soups, mashed potatoes, ice cream shakes, yogurt smoothies, making oatmeal flour, whip cream
    mine has the cup and the whisk
  • MelmothWanders
    MelmothWanders Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mandoline, immersion blender.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Breville Smart Oven Pro.
    Used every single day. Much much better and versatile than air fryers.

I have one of these. I love it. It gets used a lot!

I honestly dont remember when I used the big oven last time in my condo.

Roasting small batch of butternut squash in it right now. So convenient when I don't need a whole pan of something.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Instant Pot by far. I use it a few times a week. I also use my food scale, spiralizer, and Vitamix regularly.
  • buffinlovin
    buffinlovin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My Sous Vide machine (I use a Joule)

I go grocery shopping on friday after work. Over the weekend I season then vacuum seal all of my meats into properly portioned bags for dinners/lunches. I freeze whatever I won't use in the next few days and thaw them in the fridge the night before.

I can start the water from my smartphone when I leave work so the water is to temperature when I get home. I immediately throw the bag into the water when I walk in the door then take the dogs out, start laundry, get the mail, get comfy, and usually by the time I'm all ready to "cook" dinner, its close to being done and I just have to sear the meat for color and make a couple sides.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a small microwave pot I bought years ago at a "kitchen party". I guess it was Pampered Chef. I use it SO much. It is the perfect size to cook vegetables and heat up most leftovers. I love that you can use it in a microwave. It has a great cover with holes in it so you can drain off water or other liquids so easily from the food. I cook oatmeal in it almost every day. I just add the oatmeal, and other additions, then eat right out of the pot. I have bought one of these for both of my daughters and have bought a few for gifts for other friends.
    so convenient.

One of my daughters recently bought me a strawberry stemmer. At first I thought is was kind of a waste of money but now that it is strawberry time, I love it. We do eat a lot of strawberries this time of the year and it is so nice to have.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Instant Pot by far. I use it a few times a week. I also use my food scale, spiralizer, and Vitamix regularly.

Debra: My daughter just got an Instant Pot. She said it easily replaces so many of her kitchen appliances and makes life easier.