Eat Keto Diet Daily and Track - 30 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• Huskermaniac
    Huskermaniac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So I start Keto today. Any pointers for the beginner?
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options

I have done low carb a long time but just starting keto 8 weeks ago; down 8 lbs (30 to go). I watch a lot of YouTube Videos. I like Dr. Ken D. Barry, Butter Bob, just google keto on you tube and tons of good materials.

Drink lots of water, the first few days always are worst and I made sure I ate pickles and had salt. Those help with headaches. Don't give up!!! Lots of resources here too.
  • brieomac
    brieomac Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm behind on joining the challenge, but I've been tracking my keto diet for 33 days straight. Down 11 Lbs. [quote=Also, if you are a coffee lover, share your low-carb, high fat coffee recipes please![/quote]
    I've been doing fatty coffees for a while before starting keto and I usually do:
    collagen peptides and coconut milk
    collagen peptides and grass-fed butter
    MCT oil, cacao powder, and grass-fed butter

• balncb
    balncb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too, I keep trying keto but have only made it 4 days in a row so far without failing; but Im back on the wagon 3 days in
  • marieschneider7703
    marieschneider7703 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda hi! I’ll join you.
  • 14pups
    14pups Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great! I just signed up for My Fitness Pal and started a Keto diet 5 days ago. It is hard to figure carbs without MFP
  • 2busyb
    2busyb Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Research, read & post in a community for support. Log, assess your macros on how you feel, it's ok in the beginning to go over or under a smidge if your learning keto and feeling good & safe. As time gos on, start committing to making your macros daily, I typically go over on protein- I do cardio & weight lift so it's ok for me because I have been consistently losing inches & feel really good. (The scale is my nemesis) lol
  • 2busyb
    Options
    rugbymurf wrote: »
    Count me in. It's really inspiring to go through all these posts and see so many people doing this. I feel kind of like a lone weirdo among my family. And unfortunately I happened to start this just as I herniated a disc in my back, but in fact it's actually a blessing. Cutting the sugar out of my diet has been majorly anti-inflammatory and has helped me bounce back from the initial first couple of days of agony. I've done this before and it took way longer to get mobile, and I really think that the Keto diet is what has helped. I'm starting to realize how insidiously addictive and harmful refined sugar and carbs in general are. I'm just 5 days in, but I feel clearer, I'm sleeping better and I've been able to deal with this back thing with no narcotics or steroid pack. Yaaay Keto! BTW, is just grass fed heavy cream okay for coffee?

Yes, heavy whipping cream (HWC) is great. I'm a coffee drinker, it's taken a while for my taste buds to adapt to stevia, but I'm good now. If I need to mix it up I turn to less than 1/2 packet of s&l in my coffee. There are alot of variances, I bounce between HWC, unsweetened almond milk, coconut oil(blended in N.bullet w/sprinkles of ground cinnamon ). Theres but bulletproof coffee recipes all over, research & see what works best for your body. Good to see your trying dietary changes for health & wellness before pharmaceuticals if you can. Best wishes for a speedy back recovery. 👍
  • ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite coffee recipe so far-

Coffee
    Grass-fed butter
    Tbsp or so of heavy whipping cream
    Knox unflavored gelatin - just a sprinkle
    1 stevia packet
    1 tbsp of sugar free hazelnut syrup
    Dash of cinnamon

Blend and enjoy!

• procrox
    procrox Posts: 38 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @ABRishardson2016 - I really should try a bit of cinnamon in my morning coffee, for now I'm just dumping double cream in and I love that even by itself. What is the gelatine for?

@ftloy - The 50g / 20g thing, I wouldnt stress the actual figure too much, just find what works for you. I recommend getting some Ketostix (https://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=ketostix) to get a handle on at what amount of carbs your body starts to produce ketones and ideally somewhere under 3mmol/L.
  • 2busyb
    Options
    If not too late to join, I'd like to be part of the challenge. I've been studying and trying the Keto diet. I have been trialing and practicing some wonderful meals/recipes. I'm new to this challenge so may need some guidance. I also have mastered Keto pancake and cloud bread as well as cauliflower rice. :smile:

Cloud bread? Can you share your rice recipe. I sent you a friend request. 😀
  • ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    procrox wrote: »
    @ABRishardson2016 - I really should try a bit of cinnamon in my morning coffee, for now I'm just dumping double cream in and I love that even by itself. What is the gelatine for?

@ftloy - The 50g / 20g thing, I wouldnt stress the actual figure too much, just find what works for you. I recommend getting some Ketostix (https://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=ketostix) to get a handle on at what amount of carbs your body starts to produce ketones and ideally somewhere under 3mmol/L.

Yeah, I'm definitely not stressing the 50g/20g thing. Like you suggested, I'm going with what works for me and right now, 20g or below per day just doesn't work. If that ever changes, great; otherwise, I'm okay staying within the 30g to 50g range due to the sustainability of it ... as long as I don't get lazy. LoL :D
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Week 2 finished. No weight loss this week. Got out running only once - but did get several walks and a good kayaking session in yesterday! Hope everyone’s doing well!
  • ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    procrox wrote: »
    @ABRishardson2016 - I really should try a bit of cinnamon in my morning coffee, for now I'm just dumping double cream in and I love that even by itself. What is the gelatins for?

There is some evidence to support that gelatin daily supports weight loss, helps with keeping blood sugar levels and thyroid levels stable, and may be helpful with none and joint health. It’s also great for your hair, nails and skin. The unflavored kind is tasteless so I can’t taste any difference when it’s in my coffee or not.

• cbrown4591
    cbrown4591 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd Love to join!
  • martharoyce
    martharoyce Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starting my keto journey tomorrow! Any advice tips or tricks for beginners?